Just built my computer and my internet is SLOW and GLITCHY

I just built my computer and somethings wrong with my ethernet drivers from realtek. my internet is decently slow. It also spikes and gets faster to slower, to faster to slower, and etc. Also when I unplug my ethernet cord, my mouse/keyboard stop working (both USB connected). Any suggestions to fix this?

oh yeah sites like download.com/mozilla.com won't even load for me, whereas i can download steam from steampowered.com the update spikes from 2kb/s to 120kb/s
    Albert Chen
    Designepic.com Bannerepic.com
    website & graphics design | Hosting
    aim/icq : achenxp | msn : [email protected]

Might be good to provide driver numbers you have installed, hardware (card name, model, etc), and any other info....

With the info you provide so far, I can recommend that you reinstall the ethernet drivers... if you have the latest, try going back one or two versions.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

try uninstalling the drivers, then MAKE sure you are using to right drivers, then re-install them. Then if it continues check with your service provider
    Cheap hosting, not cheap service:
    http://www.aqns-hosting.com

It never hurts to check the cable you're using. I once had a busted cable that was causing almost 90% packet loss.

Do a ping to google, see what kind of packet loss you get.

It's the realtek onboard NIC. I have never seen one that performed well. Get an addon card and install it. I have experience with 3 realtek onboard NICS doing the same thing and getting a real NIC has always solved it.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

or i mean... going wireless is nice
    Cheap hosting, not cheap service:
    http://www.aqns-hosting.com

If not hardware, I would suggest checking your DNS settings.
    Atech St. Louis - Web Hosting - Website builder - 24/7 Support
    Dads In Distress - Dads helping Dads in Distress