* Need Technician: Level 3

I am the only person who handles technical, sales, billing, marketing and abuse issues 24/7 for Infinite Technologies. Its becoming extremely hard to keep up and my sleep is being disturbed nearly every single night. So I plan to put up someone during this time.

Outline:
    The primary responsibilities of the technician is helping customers via the help desk (Kayako eSupport), no worries as I do not offer technical support via telephone. Even though all our servers are labeled unmanaged, there are a few customers who require 'advice' on 'issues' and some times a total fix for their problem.

Technical Requirements:
    • Experienced with with basic server softwares such as Apache, MySQL, FTP, Exim, POP, cPanel / WHM, DirectAdmin, Plesk, (preferred if you are also (experienced with HyperVM/LxAdmin) and should be able to resolve other issues via command line
    • Experienced with RedHat based OS and Debian (preferred if you are also experienced with BSD / Windows)
    • Experienced with Kayako eSupport (preferred if you are also experienced with WHMCS)
    • Must be fluent in English and Grammar must be close to perfect (preferably better than mine )
    • An idea of HTML / CSS / JS / PHP / SQL / Bash / C++ (not required though)
    Work Timings
    • Have a fixed timing for availability and should be able to announce 7 days in advance if you are going to change your work timings.
    • Preferred if your are available to work for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week from 9 AM to 5 PM Central Time (-6:00 GMT).
    Miscellaneous Notes:
    • 18+ years (or mature enough and have an IQ above 100+ )
    • Can be situated anywhere in the world as it is a remote job (preferred if you are in the US/UK)
    • Someone who can learn quickly and has an attitude to it
    • Average number of tickets a day is around 5, 3 out of those 5 tickets are Level 3 issues
    • Someone who has read each and every line of this post with patience
    • Technicians with a job already as the salary I have in mind will not suffice most of your demand
    • Do NOT want: people in India (and neighboring countries) as this is a overnight shift and none of them I have worked with in the past turn up every night uniformly
    • Do NOT want: people with aliases, please
    • Do NOT want: people new to the industry
    • Do NOT want: Outsourcing companies - I have had enough of them
    • Do NOT want: people to work more than 8 hours as you get sloppy
    Contract & Salary
    • Either party can quit without a justification by giving a 14 days advance notice
    • Salary depends on your experience
    • Apart from your pay, you'll get a VPS and a domain for your personal usage
    Contact Information
    Please send your CV and any questions you might have via WHT's Private Message AFTER replying to this thread. Please do not add me on MSN nor send me an email regarding this issue.

Interested candidates can continue to contact me until I publicly announce here that I do not require any more technicians.

When does this job apply to start?

Interested candidates can continue to contact me until I publicly announce here that I do not require any more technicians.
    You could follow directions.
    Rack Geek, LLC
    Proactive Systems Administration - Managed Hosting - Wordpress Consulting - Security Audits
    Call us: 877-970-7225

Sounds good!

Best Regards,

topnotch and jaynarayan - if you permit me can I contact you via email?

topnotch, please let me know your email ID

Sure Ganesh, you can email me on my email address below:

Best Regards,

Hi,

i wish i can get a position with you.
    ------------------------------------------
    911-Hosting - Terminate The Competition - ( Special Dedicated Server Offers - VPS - Management & Security ).

We can provide you. with the best service at best price
    Outsourced 24x7 Web Hosting Support, 24x7 Tech Support|
    Dristi Technologies |Tech Support | Consulting | Outsourcing | | 50 team members and growing
    www.dristitech.com

Ganesh you are Busy?

Oh, come on guys. Please... I thought I found someone and erm, no way to pay him.

Why is it always so hard to find an individual?

I would be happy to work with you. I am PM'ing with my contact information and resume.

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh-rao View Post
    Oh, come on guys. Please... I thought I found someone and erm, no way to pay him.

Why is it always so hard to find an individual?
    Hi,

I can provide the service you need, consistently, at the times you specified. If you have any questions, please e-mail me at lawrencewilliams (at) lcwsoft.com or simply send a PM. I normally log in to this site a few times daily, so a quick reply won't be difficult.
    Cpanel/WHM PHP Perl Ruby Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

PMs sent to everyone I needed to

PMs sent to everyone I needed to
    PM replied to.

Thanks!
    Cpanel/WHM PHP Perl Ruby Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

Do NOT want: people in India (and neighboring countries) as this is a overnight shift and none of them I have worked with in the past turn up every night uniformly

+5-GMT!
    Experience: Hardening Servers based on DirectAdmin and CPanel. 3 Years experience with FreeBSD and CentOS on CLI Modes. If interested do PM me.

Thank You

Hello Ganesh,

Very interested. Please let me know where I can send you my CV, as I am unable to PM.

Thank you,

Good to see people finally interested - I hope you are all reading every word of my post

I'm PM'ing you with my details, resume and contact information

Hey,

I am not interested in hiring people having less than 50~ posts and having usernames as 'support' (signs that you are from an outsourcing company).

--
    Ganesh

Hey,

I am not interested in hiring people having less than 50~ posts and having usernames as 'support' (signs that you are from an outsourcing company).

--
    Ganesh
    Sure, because no. of posts on WebHostingTalk really says a lot about whether an applicant is qualified to do a job...