Hybrid View

Bluehost vs Ipower

I have had both ipower.com and bluehost.com as hosts. And I would just like to say that I highly recommend going with bluehost over ipower. While I had ipower my databases would always get errors, the support was unhelpful and my site uptime was only 97.54686% of the time.

So far with bluehost my site uptime has been 99.9997, I have had no database errors, and the support has been great. If you would like to checkout bluehost.

Even though their services are very similar in disk space storage, bandwidth amount of pop emails etc... they are very different hosts. If you sign up for ipower rather than blue host all I can say is told ya so once you hate it.

If you have any questions on something you dont understand feel free to send me a message.

Brian

The control panel

Another thing I forgot to mention is that Bluehost uses cpanel and ipower uses vdeck. Vdeck is not near as user friendly as cpanel.

Thanx for the review, it sure confirms my current ideas about those 2 companies.

-- Glad you're happy with Bluehost; all those hosts named xxxPOWERxxx seem to belong to the same owner and have rather lackluster reputation IMO.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Wow a battle of who sucks more! Both those companies are over sellers and a joke! I don't recommend them to ANYBODY who wants a serious hosting experience.

Not great hosts but bluehost is the best shared host

I know neither of these hosts are necessarily great, but compared to the rest of the shared hosting companies bluehost is far superior to any other. Yes if you are wanting to pay over $30 a month there are several better alternatives but for the price, and type of host (shared hosting) there is not really a better host, then bluehost, or a worse host (out of all that I have used) then ipower.

Quote Originally Posted by stashhh View Post
    Wow a battle of who sucks more! Both those companies are over sellers and a joke! I don't recommend them to ANYBODY who wants a serious hosting experience.
    Well I prefer to be nice and to say that Web Hosting secion at WHT might not become a place where newbies come to praise shared hosting companies which are nothing special.

It is strange that most poeple who post reviews here never say good good words about industry leaders... companies with reliable networks who provide industry level class hosting...
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Newbies

Well I prefer to be nice and to say that Web Hosting secion at WHT might not become a place where newbies come to praise shared hosting companies which are nothing special.

It is strange that most poeple who post reviews here never say good good words about industry leaders... companies with reliable networks who provide industry level class hosting...
    First off why call us newbies? I do not have the need for anything more than a shared hosting provider, nor do most people looking to host a site. Like I mentioned earlier why pay more for services that are not needed? The whole reason this thread was started was to let people know my experience's and some simple differences between the two hosts. Plus I bet I know more about computer languages and major companies back ends than you will ever know, and I am only a junior in college. Have you ever heard of languages like cobol, and if you have hard of such langues do you know how to program or a possible editor that could be used. Could you code in a language that is not object oriented?

ipower

Ipower does have one distinct advantage over blue host, and that is the ability to upgrade your account from a shared service to a vpn or dedicated service. That is all ipower has going for it over bluehost, this thread was created to compare the shared hosting parts of the two companies.

Both of them are very famous as an overseller. So there will not be a question regarding their service. The answer will be always No. We know number of customer are still not satisfied with them. We have seen several bad reviews about both these company.
    I don't recommend them if anyone needs suggestion for good host.

vDeck is probably one of my favorite things about IPower. It's a very good control panel and definitely user friendly. It's so difficult to find a perfect host these days - most people I know just settle with whatever.
    IPOWERWEB, My Web Hosting Provider for OVER Four Years - IPOWERWEB

A simple but very convenient feature at Bluehost is the possibility to host unlimited domains on one hosting account. Bluehost employs the CPanel interface that gives users a clear overview of all administrative tasks be it programming, databases, statistics, files, etc. With Bluehost you get a generous bandwidth allowance of 3000 GB/month and 300 GB disk storage. The scripting environment is very liberal. For instance you can create a custom php.ini, a custom .htaccess file. The most common programming languages like PHP, Perl, Python, CGI and Ruby on Rails are supported. For business users Bluehost provides an SSL certificate, shopping carts like Agora, Cube, Zen, OS-Commerce and supports open PGP/GPG encryption. Bluehost.com only offers a Linux hosting plan, hence Windows applications such as .ASP or .NET are not enabled.
    Cheap web hosting directory with reviews of shared web hosting providers

Bluehost review - hosting features, support, and uptime

Well, thanks for the review. All though im sure all people have a different feel for it, i decided not to jump into the argument going on up there.

Again thanks for the review Cheers mate!
    BlueWire-Hosting - Well priced, and affordable hosting. With a helping staff and blazing support!
    cPanel/WHM • RvSkins • Fantastico de Luxe • 24/7 Support
    PHP5 With Rewrite for PHP4 • SiteBuilder • Ruby On Rails • Perl • mySql
    | Custom Plans Available | Resellers | Shared |