Angry 12 month review, w/CoreNetworks

With the type of service CoreNetworks.com has been providing me so far, I am compelled to write this review.

Sign Up: As you can see, I've been with CoreNetworks for 12 months now. While signing up for their service I've had my suspicions since they were selling servers for dirt cheap prices. But I needed a server for testing so I wanted to give it a go. And my suspicions were confirmed. Their sign up form was very simple and to the point. I wanted to see a complicated sign up form with hundreds of configurations where I could make a mistake and later the host could screw me over for choosing the wrong config. Ok, thats fine, whatever. But then, they had the nerve to send me the login information with in 8 hours. I wanted the login information 24-48 hours later like most dedicated providers do, not 8 hours, pfffft....

The Good: Since this is a test server I do a lot of misconfiguration (such as delete /etc and /) and sometimes (as in 3 times so far) it calls for a OS re-install. Russell and Andrew were not helpful at all. They said they were going to charge me a re-install fee and get it done tomorrow morning. Then I get an email later that night, I believe it was 3am, stating my server was re-installed and ready to go. And you know whats worse? They didn't even charge me for the re-install on my next statement WTF?

After a few months down the road, I wanted to get a RAID-1 for my server. And it was the same issue again, they kept me informed through the process and not just ignore. Andrew also helped me configure the directadmin options as it was not working properly with the software RAID-1.

And other than that, I've had various other tickets submitted, some on Saturday night and I get replies within a few minutes from Russell or Andrew. So overall, their support sucks. What happened to the good ol' providers who promise 24/7 support but dont reply until few days after? I never asked for fast replies damn it!

Their network I believe consists of Verizon, ATT, Savvis and Level(3). I see a few blips here and there but never experienced a major downtime...I was kind of disappointed to see top notch transit providers on their network and close to 99.99% uptime almost every month.

The Bad: The only bad, if you really consider this "bad", would be their billing. The issue is that they don't charge on the same day as I bought the service or any same say for that matter. What I mean is, say in march they charge the card on 7th, in April it can be 12th and some months its 18th. So on my statements, some of the months I see no charges from CoreNetworks and sometimes I see 2 charges (for the previous and current months). Its not a big deal but a minor inconvenience that I've noticed.

Bottom Line: CoreNetworks provides fast support, a friendly team, solid network, and nice features such as remote reboot and firewall by default. So please, I would highly recommend you to choose a different provider who will not offer any of these, and trust me, you wont regret it.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

I like the humor in the review. Kudos to CoreNetworks!

Thanks for taking the time to write review for my new home. I ordered today.
    I hope also to have all that bad experience that you had in the past 12 months

Great review, I may just order a server from them :]