www.geekrack.net is the WORST PLACE EVER!

Hello,

On Feb 21 I ordered a dedicated server with geekrack.com So when i got my server, i had asked them to have it portioned a specific way, but it was not set up like that So, when i asked them to have it reportioned and reimaged to the way I asked to have it set up, they tried to charge me $30.00. I told them that it was a unfair charge, so they did the good thing and dropped the charge for it. I submited that ticket on Feb 24, and the owner told me that this will be taken care of by the next morning. So, i gave it 24 hours, more time than they said, and it still was not done. I called them and they assured me that they were working on this issue. I gave it another 48 Hours, and still nothing was done. I found out that they were a reseller through burst.net, so i called burst.net to see if they had a ticket for this to be done, and the support tech I talked to told me that a ticket had not even been submitted! So when i spoke with the owner of geekrack.net, she got all grumpy with me and said she was going to yell at burst.net because they were not supposed to release any information. I told her that i would want my money back because their service says that it comes with 24/7 support. Now i was not even getting support, unless you call support saying, "ok we will do this" and not doing nothing. The owner is still refusing to give me a refund, so I have filed a chargeback with paypal, as much as I hate to do that, i beleive it is the only way i will get my money back. So in closing, DO NOT BUY FROM GEEKRACK.NET UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SCREWED!

That sounds terrible. You may want to take a look here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=674987
    she was going to yell at burst.net because they were not supposed to release any information.

I'm sorry to hear about that Ryan and hopefully a peaceful resolution can come from this. I personally think they should of just repartion it as it was their mistake to avoid post such as this and to satisfy a client.

Sorry to hear the issues you have had with GeekRack.

So you know, paypal will most likely not refund you as it is a "non-tangible item", and as GR ordered it with Burst, then they have already spent the money. The best thing you can do is communicate via support ticket with them, or open a ticket with burst requesting said item to be done. If you cannot get it done with GR and you are still dis-satisfied I am sure Burst would be more than happy to compensate you for the loss.

Shequita usually deals with items rather well and quickly, but they did grow rather large rather fast and are still working on filling all of their support positions.

Again, I would try opening a support ticket with BurstNET to get the item done, as they should be more than understanding.

Mistakes do happen, and she may have been in a rush when placing your server order, and may have over-glanced the custom partition. BurstNET partitions them a specific way unless requested.
    Crissic Solutions, LLC - Affordable VPS Solutions.
    Our business is based on Honesty & Transparency!

Quote Originally Posted by CrissicSolutions View Post
    Again, I would try opening a support ticket with BurstNET to get the item done, as they should be more than understanding.
    I already contacted burst.net, they told me I have to go through geekrack, and they do not answer any of my tickets when i submit them. I have 3 that are still open, for the same issue since Feb 25. I have also tried contacting them via MSN and they will not respond to me.

Quote Originally Posted by magnuson56 View Post
    I already contacted burst.net, they told me I have to go through geekrack, and they do not answer any of my tickets when i submit them. I have 3 that are still open, for the same issue since Feb 25. I have also tried contacting them via MSN and they will not respond to me.
    That is correct that the support department can't help you as you must go though the reseller.

That's one problem with buying from a reseller (anybody can become a reseller), now there are too many hands in the cookie jar.
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

Generally, dedicated servers which are provided by reselling through another company are very inflexible, so the provider concerned may be very restricted in the ways to help you.

That is no excuse however and is their problem. I also think it's wrong to be mentioning the root provider in this, nor should you be contacting them. It is between you and GeekRack, if they arn't responding to you, they must not like you...

Quote Originally Posted by James Lee View Post
    Generally, dedicated servers which are provided by reselling through another company are very inflexible, so the provider concerned may be very restricted in the ways to help you.

That is no excuse however and is their problem. I also think it's wrong to be mentioning the root provider in this, nor should you be contacting them. It is between you and GeekRack, if they arn't responding to you, they must not like you...
    If you think this is something against burst.net, it is not, infact, i am going to be ordering a server directly through them. Im just saying that i contacted them to try and see if i could have the server repartitioned and reimaged, and to find out that there was not ticket submited. That is the only reason i mentioned their name.