Question email hosting question

hey everyone, i need to find a suitable email hosting service, i dont need alot of resources, just enough to manage a handful of accounts. i couldint find any that particularly handle email services only, so i thought i could simply use a shared webhosting account and use the web based email service included.

any ideas?

thanks

Depends what you're looking for. If you're just looking for POP3 / IMAP and Horde or other simple webmail then most cPanel / Plesk / whatever control panel hosts should suit you fine.

If you're looking for something more advanced then have a look for Exchange or Zimbra hosts.

Gavin
    Network EQ
    UK VPS
    , cPanel Hosting, Dedicated Servers and Hosted Exchange

A lot of domain registrars offer e-mail solutions as well.
    If we do not plant knowledge when young, it will give us no shade when we are old.
    Lord Chesterfield

For e-mail just use your ISP.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyWilliams View Post
    A lot of domain registrars offer e-mail solutions as well.
    I'd second that.

Check Enom:
    http://www.enom.com/pop-email/default.asp
    Only 9.95/year for 10 accounts and 20MB space.

And GoDaddy:
    https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/email.asp?ci=9020
    A bit expensive but more options.
    Closed for winter...

there is also domains.live.com which will give u msn services like hotmail and messenger for your domains and its free too, i use it for a community site i run and one that i used to run, and i really like it
    If you need help about anything to do with WHT, check out the Helpdesk

Socketmail & ATMail are great options.

socketmail.com
    atmail.com
    roundcube (Free)

Look at WHT for offers from them or others.

Quote Originally Posted by fremont View Post
    Socketmail & ATMail are great options.

socketmail.com
    atmail.com
    roundcube (Free)

Look at WHT for offers from them or others.
    I'll comment on Atmail. I am using it for about 4 years. Good software but won't worth the price.
    $650 for 1000 users per server first year. Support is not there. No ticket system or anything. You send them an email, expect an answer in next 2 weeks. They have a premium support option, but they will charge you 50% of the initial purchase per year.
    Closed for winter...

Quote Originally Posted by BurakUeda View Post
    I'll comment on Atmail. I am using it for about 4 years. Good software but won't worth the price.
    $650 for 1000 users per server first year. Support is not there. No ticket system or anything. You send them an email, expect an answer in next 2 weeks. They have a premium support option, but they will charge you 50% of the initial purchase per year.
    exactly, been using them for 6 years now and feeing the same, i paid for unlimited everything so imagine how much i paid back then

i didnt even bother to upgrade to their latest php version as i have to pay 50% of what i originally paid (~3 thousands of dollars that is)

maybe can test socketmail its not that expensive or maybe you want goto to scalix for high end solution
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Nah! Scalix is a joke too. At least their Japanese branch.

I tried the application, to be honest I was impressed. The best Japanese webmail client I have ever seen. Since there was no detailed info on their website about prices, customization, admin panel options etc, I shoot them an email asked those details.

They didn't tell me ANY price, but they provided some URL for me to check which package I interested in.

The funniest part was at the end of the email:
    If you need more detailed techninal information, you have to purchase our "incident support" package (US$7500 for 5 incidents)...

After that, I didn't need to ask their price because probably they will charge me something like 20-30K/year for 10000 users.
    Closed for winter...

Shared hosting should be find if your needs are relatively minor. What is your budget?
    BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
    Build your own website powered by BannerOS with our DIY service.

Shared hosting will work fine, you can also install your own version of squirelmail or whatever client you want to read the email in, so you don't even need to use cpanel to view it.

You can also try sending sales messages to companies to see if they will give you a deal on just email hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by BurakUeda View Post
    We have used @mail in the past. We had the premium support option and the support was still garbage. The overall package is just not what you would expect for the price. I'd advising staying away from @mail.
    Chris Reed
    Revogate Inc.
    Revolutionizing Business Technology
    Web Hosting, XenServer Virtualization, and IT Consulting