Thread: Starting out!

Starting out!

Hey Everyone,

am I correct in thinking that a VPS would suite me just fine whilst I start from the bottom and work my way up within the hosting industry, As keeping the cost's low to start with is the answer to still be in business after a year or so?

I have also noticed that a lot of VPS dont have a lot of RAM again am I correct in thinking while I am just starting out this should not be a problem.

Thanks

Joe

But you didn't explained here about your needs. Plase do that.

diskspace?. Bandwidth? Aplications?.

Ok I would say I need about 50GB+ diskspace 500Gb+ of Bandwdith Cpanel+WHM, Fantastico etc.

He's wanting to start a web hosting company, it depends on his business plan. My suggestion cobra would be to definitely form and follow a very well thought out business plan. This will help you determine where you should start, and when you should upgrade.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

OK thanks Mike

No problem
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cobra-internet View Post
    Ok I would say I need about 50GB+ diskspace 500Gb+ of Bandwdith Cpanel+WHM, Fantastico etc.
    a VPS is not always the best way to start, you could also look for reseller hosting or go directly to dedicated servers (i would advise that if you have the budget).

If you are just trying to start up, a reseller host might give you more help as you may get in a VPS environment, while a VPS gives you more freedom.

What ever you decide, i wish you all the best in setting this all up!
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)