Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    So here is the result of my experience with Hiveclocity.net :

in one word: a nightmare.

Let me explain.
    1) Server is offline. I placed a high priority request on Feb 10, 2008 5:13 PM with ticket ID [#MJO-564827]. The answer of the support team was:
    Feb 10, 2008 5:59 PM : There was a setting wrong in the bios resulting int he disk subsystem not performing to full speed

2) Hivelocity Staff Sarah and Ron confirmed to me twice that my nameservers must point to 74.50.104.31.
    After a couple of days of downtime.
    Hivelocity Staff Jason B. writes me: 74.50.104.31 is assigned to another user and should not be in use on your server

3) too small var and tmp partitions were rapidly 100% full, and thus, mysql was not able to write to the disk. Hivelocity did not ask me how I want the distribution of disk partitions. I did clearly mention in my request that I have more than 10GB of data in mysql databases format. The var partition must have been adapted

4) wrong mysql version installed on the server. Hivelocity installed mysql4 without asking me. When I moved my data, all of my sites were totally non-working as all of the tables were in mysql5 format, unusable by the installed mysql4. The upgrade to mysql5 done by hivelocity support team was extremely long, and of course, during all of that time, all of my sites were simply giving a "table is in wrong format" error.

5) the new 250GB disk was not available, and while waiting for that disk, all of my sites were failing as mysql was not able to write to the 100% full var partition.

6) after server reload, the slave disk mounting took far longer than anything I could survive with.

This is not at all what I expected from the "impressive support" slogan.

And even worse, Steven refused to refund me the $294 fees I paid!
    See threads I started for honest host reviews over 20 years. I am now hosting with tsohost.com: good host, lame support.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Split to the main forums
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!

How Many Ips Did They Give You ?

DNS Needs Two And If They Point it To Anther Ips Not Belong To You Just Change The Two IP's With Other IP's You Have Till They Fix The Problem ..

About The Full HD I Think You Got To Check After They Supply To You The DServer From The Beginning ..

About The ReFund I Think It's Advertisement Not More "Don't Excite" ..
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Reseller32 View Post
    3) too small var and tmp partitions were rapidly 100% full, and thus, mysql was not able to write to the disk. Hivelocity did not ask me how I want the distribution of disk partitions. I did clearly mention in my request that I have more than 10GB of data in mysql databases format. The var partition must have been adapted
    Just as an aside; you might have been able to work around this one by simply moving the mysql directory to a larger partition and symlinking it in. Same with tmp.

Not that you should have needed to do that, but could've provided a quick work-around.
    Take 2 Hosting, Inc. - Hosting Done Right
    Fully automated setup - new servers in as little as 10 minutes
    http://www.take2hosting.com/
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by msherman View Post
    Just as an aside; you might have been able to work around this one by simply moving the mysql directory to a larger partition and symlinking it in. Same with tmp.

Not that you should have needed to do that, but could've provided a quick work-around.

you are right. thank you for this advice that I appreciate.
    See threads I started for honest host reviews over 20 years. I am now hosting with tsohost.com: good host, lame support.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mansour_qa View Post

DNS Needs Two And If They Point it To Anther Ips Not Belong To You Just Change The Two IP's With Other IP's You Have Till They Fix The Problem ..

About The Full HD I Think You Got To Check After They Supply To You The DServer From The Beginning ..

Mansour am sure it is not quite OK in netiquette that you capitalize the first letter of every single word .....

My problem with hivelocity.net is that they have unqualified personnel who can confirm to you 4 times (2 support guys, everyone of them twice) that you must point your nameserver to an IP that you discover 2 days later that it is used by another user and must not be used on your server.
      0 Not allowed!

Hivelocity is a unmanaged host, you should keep that in mind.

Sounds like a miss-communication between the two of you, why don't you try to contact your Account Manager, you might be able to work something out.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mansour_qa View Post

Actually 1 IP is enough. The others are just backup nameservers. Also, as Reseller32 said, it is pretty annoying to read.
      0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE]
    Mansour am sure it is not quite OK in netiquette that you capitalize the first letter of every single word .....
    [\QUOTE]
    Sorry for that ..
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by VpsHosting View Post
    I wish, he could have replied here as soon as he replies in other threads not relating him.
    like theses

I guess at the end of the day each is a case by case basis , and what your willing to do to please each and every client, no matter what the SLA states.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...8&postcount=17
    You can read about complaints on this forum about us if you want to see how we handle things. We go above and beyond our SLA to try our best to make clients happy, but again this is not about our policies and practices.

If a power outage happened and one did not long ago and you don't see clients here claiming foul and our outage was longer than 10 min , I assure you I am not going to nickel and dime over issues caused to servers due to my negligence. I want happy clients , as I am sure does GNAX , and any other provider does, so if a bit of a credit is what it takes to make the client happy then give it
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...8&postcount=27
    Originally Posted by sailor
    Well, what did you do for your customers? You opened the bag by hopping on this thread. You have had several large outages - the last being at least 2 hours with servers down longer than that - some all day and into the next if I remember correctly. What did you do for your customers? I believe the last one happened in your cage that you colocate in that is at another data center. I have visited it and seen it first hand on at least 3 occasions so I do feel qualified to comment on it.
    we do whatever it takes to make our clients happy , end of story.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...8&postcount=34
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    like theses

If we are going to follow the logic as laid out in those threads it looks like HIV should be issuing a full credit and compensation for the client's downtime since it is clearly their fault.

0 Not allowed!

IMO, a Full Refund is more than enough, then you want to add compensation ontop of that too ? LOL
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjørn-Erik Hansen View Post
    IMO, a Full Refund is more than enough, then you want to add compensation ontop of that too ? LOL
    Agreed,
    A refund would be nice.

Last edited by Robert vd Boorn; 03-01-2008 at 02:14 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

But before we go that far, I'd really like to hear Hivelocity's explenation(?) to this one.

I've been with HVC for more than 4 months now, till now, I've never had any need for support.
      0 Not allowed!

I would be more than happy to look at the situation and do what I can. A refund might be inorder, even though clearly in our billing policy it is stated that this is not done. It's odd that I haven't recieved one phone call on this and the phone lines are always open. Now that I have been informed that this thread even exists then I'll be more than happy to do whatever it is that needs to be done to make the situation better or to at least provide some relief. PM me with some additional info if you can find the time. I am looking over yout ticket now.
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033
      0 Not allowed!

A few things that I notice about this ticket, the ticket is cloased and the last thing you replied was
    Mahmoud Hammoud

Posted on 11 Feb 2008 03:04 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

Is there any reason this problem can appear again in the future ?

is a server restart recommended now to be sure everything will be up and
    running after a server restart ?

Now it looked to us as though the issue had been resolved, are you still having some sort of problem?

The next thing is you came on to our live chat and ask the technician for an upgrade from your current mysql 4.x to the latest version availible. Our online technicians deal primarily with software issues such as yours. You contacted a seperate technician that had not dealt with your issue before and there was no documentation of us uprgading mysql except for the chat transcript, so Jason had no idea what you were even talking about when you brought up the fact that we had done an upgrade. Now like I said I will be more than happy to iron this out, but you would have to agree that this is no where near our fault, we upgraded software for you on an unmanaged server and did our best to solve the issues you were having as the result of that upgrade. This is FAR beyond the scope of an unmanaged server and this is about average for each of our customers. We do configurations and software upgrades all of the time and never have any problems what-so-ever. We also have managed services plans that I would be more than happy to go over with you over the phone. My Direct extension if you would like to call is 1 888 869 4678 x 600
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjørn-Erik Hansen View Post
    VpsHosting, you got nothing better to do than trying to trash Talk HiveloCity ?

Sure seems like it.

I have been with HV since november 07. Im on the unmanaged plan. HV has been more then helpful when I had to do an OS reload. They added an usb cd rom to my server and even changed the discs for me. They do anything they can to help their customers. I for one am happy with them. I have been with a few others hosts but support has not been this good.
    Last edited by level3hosting; 03-01-2008 at 04:17 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

With unmanaged service it is best not to confuse things by trying to get quick support via live chat once you have a ticket open. I found that people get really confused and it slows down the whole process and invites a disaster. I have been with HiVelocity for over a year now and I have had no problems with there support. I would recommend them to anyone.
      0 Not allowed!

I have made contact with the client and we are coming up with a solution that benefits both of us. As I stated before this was just a big misunderstanding and everything is more than good. Being that there is such a huge time zone difference, EST vs his time zone in the middle east, he will be on tomorrow with an update. Thanks for all the good words from our customers and thanks for sticking it out with us Reseller32, but as promised Impressive Support was still delivered.
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033
      0 Not allowed!

well this could have easily avoided WHT altogether, with that one phone call, just one random search for "hivelocity" to get to the deals section so I could get a link and I stumble across the top result being nightmare. Within 20 minutes I had called to find out what the issue was. As I posted before when the client closes out a ticket with thanks for the help, you tend to think that all was resolved. As far as saying that it seems arrogant saying Impressive Support was delivered. that's your opinion, but from the good words that we have recieved here from other clients and through the forums and for there actually being resolution to this situation, moments after one of our staff members picked it up, I guess that you're right I didn't really even have to say it, because I showed it with my actions.
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033
      0 Not allowed!

I've been using Hivelocity for over a year, and recently have an issue with my server. Their live support is clueless and most likely outsourced. They can't answer any questions and do more harm than good. I asked for a reboot and after an hour later of still being down I called and the tech said my server was "still on the bench". No idea why they'd be messing with it instead of rebooting it.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi all.
    Dave (Hivelocity.net) has contacted me and suggested that we solve this issue amicably with a full refund, which I accept. Thus I am retracting my claim.

I couldn't delete this thread neither the first post.

Can I ask a moderator to delete this thread please ?
      0 Not allowed!

Are you suggesting the refund is conditioned to deletion of this thread?
      0 Not allowed!

This post has - sort of - a value to the rest of the members - and threads shouldn't be deleted if they don't violate the rules of WHT.
    -Mr Bister
      0 Not allowed!

So here is the result of my experience with Hiveclocity.net :

in one word: a nightmare.

And even worse, Steven refused to refund me the $294 fees I paid!
    And now you want delete the thread to the company looks good -- as you will be refunded -- and hide your bad experience from others WHT members and visitors. In one word: Fascinating.

Last edited by dotHostel; 03-02-2008 at 08:04 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mrbister View Post
    This post has - sort of - a value to the rest of the members - and threads shouldn't be deleted if they don't violate the rules of WHT.
    I Agree ..

ME User Aha I see how it's work ..
      0 Not allowed!

A few things: The fact that the thread is making us give him a refund is abusrd. We were infact not giving him a refund, but after speaking with management yesterday we were issuing him doulbe the amount of credit in which our SLA entitiles a client. I actually would have liked for him to stay on with us. I wanted to have his billing date adjusted to today and the server is/was fully functional, it was just an initial glitch. Mr. Hammad is still getting his SLA credit, regardless of wether this post get's retracted or not. A simple search on my posts shows that I have basic problem solving skills and try to find resolution for ANY customer that feels that they have been slighted in the least. VPSHosting, I do a search of your prior posts and it seems that you have a history of this sort of thing. Like I said regardless of the credits Mahamud still has the option to take the credits and stay. As far as this post / thread goes, I want it to stay we are not intimidated, we are not pressured, but if you feel that strongly that something has to be done then we will listen to what you have to say. But, like Steve says, our billing policy states, and our top exectutives say, NO REFUNDS. We didn't give Mr. H a refund, we never give anyone a refund. A refund is a slap in the face to a customer. Refund in our dictionary means that your time with us never really mattered, that we really don't provide a valuable service and that all of our time is meaningless. We offered him a credit, left the door open for him to stay on board with us and he declined the opportunity so as he stated we agreed amicably. I have never issued a refund in the past check my history and I never plan on issuing one in the future. It's a slap in the face to the customer and for some of you to suggest that he go for just a refund is pretty indicative of how you might run your establishments. Many business build the foundation of their internet business with us; from the the largest public / private names in the business industry to the smallest of small business owners that are starting out at day one. Thanks Mahamud for the opportunity to server you, I'll follow up in a few days.
    Last edited by Dave Parish; 03-02-2008 at 11:18 AM.
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033
      0 Not allowed!

I agree. Giving a refund based on the fact that someone is posting negative propaganda about your company would only invite more of the same. I think they did the right thing in this case. From what I have read in the thread it seemed like a communication problem caused by the OP in the first place. Here again we see someone purchase unmanaged service most likely and expecting to be fully managed.
      0 Not allowed!

You handeled this very well Hivelocity
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hsphereclub View Post
    From what I have read in the thread it seemed like a communication problem caused by the OP in the first place. Here again we see someone purchase unmanaged service most likely and expecting to be fully managed.
    Then from what you read you call the following issues a communication problem caused by the OP ... Are you sure you read and understood?

Let me explain.
    1) Server is offline. I placed a high priority request on Feb 10, 2008 5:13 PM with ticket ID [#MJO-564827]. The answer of the support team was:
    Feb 10, 2008 5:59 PM : There was a setting wrong in the bios resulting in the disk subsystem not performing to full speed

2) Hivelocity Staff Sarah and Ron confirmed to me twice that my nameservers must point to 74.50.104.31.
    After a couple of days of downtime.
    Hivelocity Staff Jason B. writes me: 74.50.104.31 is assigned to another user and should not be in use on your server

4) wrong mysql version installed on the server. Hivelocity installed mysql4 without asking me. When I moved my data, all of my sites were totally non-working as all of the tables were in mysql5 format, unusable by the installed mysql4. The upgrade to mysql5 done by hivelocity support team was extremely long, and of course, during all of that time, all of my sites were simply giving a "table is in wrong format" error.

5) the new 250GB disk was not available, and while waiting for that disk, all of my sites were failing as mysql was not able to write to the 100% full var partition.

6) after server reload, the slave disk mounting took far longer than anything I could survive with.
    Last edited by dotHostel; 03-02-2008 at 12:25 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Then from what you read you call the following issues a communication problem caused by the OP ... Are you sure you read and understood?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivelocity Q&A View Post
    A few things that I notice about this ticket, the ticket is cloased and the last thing you replied was
    Mahmoud Hammoud

Posted on 11 Feb 2008 03:04 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

Is there any reason this problem can appear again in the future ?

is a server restart recommended now to be sure everything will be up and
    running after a server restart ?

Now it looked to us as though the issue had been resolved, are you still having some sort of problem?

The next thing is you came on to our live chat and ask the technician for an upgrade from your current mysql 4.x to the latest version availible. Our online technicians deal primarily with software issues such as yours. You contacted a seperate technician that had not dealt with your issue before and there was no documentation of us uprgading mysql except for the chat transcript, so Jason had no idea what you were even talking about when you brought up the fact that we had done an upgrade. Now like I said I will be more than happy to iron this out, but you would have to agree that this is no where near our fault, we upgraded software for you on an unmanaged server and did our best to solve the issues you were having as the result of that upgrade. This is FAR beyond the scope of an unmanaged server and this is about average for each of our customers. We do configurations and software upgrades all of the time and never have any problems what-so-ever. We also have managed services plans that I would be more than happy to go over with you over the phone. My Direct extension if you would like to call is 1 888 869 4678 x 600
    I am looking further down at this response from HiVelocity. It clearly show that he contacted several different tech's and made his issue much more complex then it needed to be. Also the OP said HiVelocity issued him a full refund but HiVelocity only issued him a credit on his account. So someone here is still not being honest or there is still a communication issue going on.
      0 Not allowed!

The only issue ever proposed was the mysql issue and we fixed that via the ticket, there were never any additional tickets for this server for any of the other issues. Not one. When you go online and discuss an issue and don't follow up with a ticket then that seems like a resolve there too, unless you get our techs to initiate a ticket for you. The credit that was issued was in hopes that we could keep him onboard with the server and the credit. Mr.H chose in essence not to accept the server and to close his account with us. He will recieve the full balance of his account back. You can call it a refund or whatever you like, but the fact is that I tried to go above and beyond for a client like we do for all of our clients. He can make up his own mind and if he opts not to take the server for a month and get a credit then that is his right. If you are trying to suggest that he is not able to make up his own mind then you are mistaken. This is between Mr. H and Hivelocity, you just get to spectate on the ensuing ordeal. That is all, nothing you say or do will change the outcome of what happens between us. But I thank you for your input, even VPSHosting.
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033
      0 Not allowed!

I think this topic can be closed, the issue has been resolved, and both parties seams to be happy.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hsphereclub View Post
    I agree. Giving a refund based on the fact that someone is posting negative propaganda about your company would only invite more of the same. I think they did the right thing in this case. From what I have read in the thread it seemed like a communication problem caused by the OP in the first place. Here again we see someone purchase unmanaged service most likely and expecting to be fully managed.
    Agreed,

Imagine that everyone came here to post negative about Hivelocity, so that they would get money from them....

It is nice to see that the issue has been resolved with a happy ending.
      0 Not allowed!

Thread reopened per OP's request.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by sirius View Post
    Thread reopened per OP's request.

Sirius

That proves how honorable and trustworthy WHT is.

HERE, little customer as I am, I still got the power to talk freely against a scam company such as hivelocity.net

thank you a million.

Quote Originally Posted by CaroNet-Rob View Post
    Agreed,

Imagine that everyone came here to post negative about Hivelocity, so that they would get money from them....

It is nice to see that the issue has been resolved with a happy ending.

I am very sorry to disappoint you CaroNet.

first and foremost, Hivelocity.net would surely still be able to get customers' money by simply luring them here on WHT and similar sites to sign up with them for great-looking servers at good prices. The customer would only find out after signing up that he would get a BIOS-problematic server and no refund.

Second, the issue was not resolved at all. David Parish wrote to me and called me many times and promised me THREE times in undoubted clear non-controversial language that he would give me a full refund...... requesting me to retract my complaint from WHT

AND when I did retract my complaint, of course, he is not any more interested......

you can't imagine how bitterly I regret not having followed your posts on this thread from the very first.

thank you anyway dotHostel.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 03-04-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: merged posts
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hivelocity Q&A View Post
    The only issue ever proposed was the mysql issue and we fixed that via the ticket, there were never any additional tickets for this server for any of the other issues. Not one. .
    You should be ashamed David. Shame on you.

you promised to refund me if I retract this thread here on WHT.

You lied to me. You should be ashamed of yourself and your company

After my post here on WHT,
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=675241

David Parish of hivelocity.net called me from Hivelocity's official phone number 1-888-869-4678 and clearly promised me 3 times, giving his word of honor, that he would refund me fully if I retract my complaint on WHT.

I trusted him and did retract my complaint as you can see here.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...7&postcount=28

Once this thread was closed here on WHT, David Parish simply ignored me.

VPSHosting, you were right!!!

YES, David clearly promised me a full refund and wrote me that promise clearly to my email. After I requested the closure of my complaint here on WHT, I realized how irresponsible and unprofessional hivelocity's staff is.
      0 Not allowed!

it sucks to be you, I feel your pain.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast