Question hosting automation software...comments

I am looking for your opinions on the full hosting automation software available from swsoft, H.S.P.c.o.m.p.l.e.t.e. (sorry forthe dots, the name seems to be banned)

Has anyone tried using this software? What are your thoughts and opinions of it? If you've heard anything about them I would like to hear them too. I checked out the price for the software and its extremely expensive but the demo looks really good.

Thanks.
    spam --> /dev/null

Just looked at there web site $5000 WOW

yeah i know...that's really steep but i've tried the demo and it looks solid. i just want to know what others think of it...
    spam --> /dev/null

We've been evaluating their software. We've been through nearly every aspect of the system. It appears to be a pretty good deal for the $5000 you'd pay for it.

If you plan on automating V.irtuoz.zo (dots because of word bans on this company at this forum) based accounts, it should work great.

If we were starting out as a hosting company and didn't already rely on systems like Plesk for many of our accounts, it would probably work great.

Where we've found weaknesses in their system is integration with external systems like Plesk. They say they're releasing a new feature in October that should fix that, but I don't buy software based on future features that may or may not work like I need them to.

We'll probably end up buying V.irtuoz.zo at some point because we really liked the virtual dedicated server idea. You can get a web based control panel for managing those virtual dedicated servers that has some really slick features. I can honestly say, that the virtual dedicated servers aspect of the product is as advertised with maybe a few very minor exceptions.

The rest of the automation by H-S-P-C.o.m.e.plete is probably only worth it if you don't already have automation in place and plan on focusing your business on V.irtuoz.zo based accounts.

I'm under NDA, so I can't say a whole lot about it and its features.
    Sincerely,
    Andrew Kinney
    CTO, Advantagecom Networks
    http://www.SimplyWebHosting.com

yeah I know about the NDA. i just got one today, they needed it signed before i can test the full suite. one thing i like most about it is that it's all integrated into one full system. pretty good though...apart from the hefty price tag.
    spam --> /dev/null

Originally posted by advantagecom
    You can get a web based control panel for managing those virtual dedicated servers that has some really slick features. I can honestly say, that the virtual dedicated servers aspect of the product is as advertised with maybe a few very minor exceptions.
    What web based control panel are you referring? Something like CPanel, Plesk, Webmin and the like? Have you tried whether they will work inside an VE?

We are right now testing HSP.Complete v. 2.0 ... It looks pretty sweet, although we still have so much to learn about the system right now.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

The control panel that I was referring to was the one that the hosting company uses to manage all of the VEs. You can do things like move them between servers and a bunch of other stuff. Fortunately, all of that kind of info is on their web site, so it isn't governed by the NDA.

I have looked around inside a VE and it is so convincingly a dedicated server that I imagine you could install any control panel that runs on Linux or FreeBSD within a VE. They say they have Plesk 2.5 running in a VE, but I didn't dig enough to see if it actually works. I don't think they would have told me about it if it didn't work though.
    Sincerely,
    Andrew Kinney
    CTO, Advantagecom Networks
    http://www.SimplyWebHosting.com

advantagecomm, i guess it would work if you have plesk licences and use only name base ip's for setting up domains in plesk in the VE environment. saw this imlemented in one of the websites featured on their website.
    spam --> /dev/null

Re: hosting automation software...comments

Originally posted by m00ds
    I am looking for your opinions on the full hosting automation software available from swsoft, H.S.P.c.o.m.p.l.e.t.e. (sorry forthe dots, the name seems to be banned)

Has anyone tried using this software? What are your thoughts and opinions of it? If you've heard anything about them I would like to hear them too. I checked out the price for the software and its extremely expensive but the demo looks really good.

Thanks.
    Wonderful, but too expensive. If your web hosting operation is at that point were you will need to diversify your offerings, then you sertainly shold consider them Off course if you are that big then the cost will be reasonable in your eyes. CPanel has always worked out fine for us though.

jburnley, I agree with you. But their solution does look good. Everything is integrated and centrally managed. It sure beats having all those 3rd party software for integration with existing hosting solutions.
    spam --> /dev/null