WordPress on Windows?

Hi,

Hoping to upgrade my account shortly to a Windows package and wondered if anyone had ever had success installing WP on Windows? And how did you go about it?

Thankyou.

As long as the server supports PHP and has MYSQL it shouldn’t be a big deal, though you might not be able to use search engine friend URLs.

Like bmctouring said, no problems if they run PHP and MySQL.
    You could use SEO URL's if your host is willing to do some tweaks to the system
    Got Fused?

Aaaah, I thought as much. It does support PHP and MySQL on the Windows server, but I've had problems with 'clean urls' before, so might not be able to do the search engine friendly pages.

So long as the home page is right?

I know for sure that the guys from reliablesite.net will do the adjustments for you so you can have friendly URLs
    But yeah, if you use domain.com/?p=1 or domain.com/index.php/article/ - it's all going to be ok
    Got Fused?

reliablesite.net? Cool.

I'm with SupaNames here in the UK, but it's nearly always a toss-up between them, 1&1 and FastHosts.

Cool, very reassuring speaking to you fella's,

Thank you.

Just curious, are there any other hosts (besides reliablesite.net) that allow mods to do SEO friendly links for WordPress and other blogs?
    Last edited by yanksno1; 03-30-2008 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Added a word

It could have a SEO friendly links if the Windows host has this installed: http://www.isapirewrite.com/
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting