Post Looking for a new host by Monday.

Hi:

I'm not sure if I want a reseller account, or just standard hosting. Any suggestions in this regard would be appreciated, but I want to move my current site as soon as possible. My current provider claimed that they had problems with their backbone provider, which caused long periods of downtime over the weekend. I don't want that to happen again, and I don't really understand why they didn't have a backup.

Anyway, for my personal site, I would only need between 25-50 MB storage, and about 2GB monthly transfer. But since that might change, and since I offer my clients hosting, perhaps I should think a bit bigger, and instead of just setting clients up with an account, I should resell hosting packages. What do you think?

I'd say no more than 1GB storage, with unlimited transfer on Red Hat Linux running Apache web servers. All of the most recent builds, of course. Also, full PERL 5 CGI, and PHP 4, MySQL, 24/7 FTP. Unlimited POP3 accounts ([email protected]), as well as unlimited aliases/forwarding. I suppose a customizable admin interface for my clients. At least, 99.98% uptime guaranteed in writing, and a free domain transfer, as well as no sign up fees, and a 30-day money back guarantee. Any credit card will do, but I prefer to use my American Express. I year, prepay.

I'm not out to rob anybody, but I've read through the most recent threads, so I'd appreciate it if you'd please stay competetive and consistent with past pricing. If I've left out any important features out, please remind me...I don't have a list in front of me.

I appreciate any assistance you guys can give me in this matter.

Best Regards,

James

"God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but so that through him the world might be saved."
    Last edited by jamescover; 08-16-2002 at 01:49 AM.

unlimited transfer i wish
    Last edited by Darth; 08-16-2002 at 01:55 AM.

Re: Looking for a new host by Monday.

Originally posted by jamescover
    ...perhaps I should think a bit bigger, and instead of just setting clients up with an account, I should resell hosting packages. What do you think?
    Are you planning on adding more sites every week/month? Then probably a bulk style reseller plan (where you can set each domain's bandwidth and space) would be of more advantage than reselling set hosting packages
    Marc Wyss - [email protected]
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

Its sounds like you just need a basic shared hosting plan from a good provider. There are plenty on this board.

Hi:

Thanks. I've reposted in the "Hosting Request" forum.

Thanks, again,

James

"God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but so that through him the world might be saved."