Small VPS needed

Can anybody recommend me a "small" vps? I don't need much space or bandwidth yet, so I want to start small and build up. My budget would be around $20 with cPanel, but my budget can be stretched If anybody knows of a deal, let me know DirectAdmin can also be used, I know sometimes it's free. I just need to host 2-4 sites and speed is my main priority that is why I will use a VPS verses shared hosting. I know my budget is low, but asking for a small vps I think it may balance out.

http://vpslink.com/vps-hosting/ I've found this, so I know these prices are out there. is 64 MB or 128 MB enough for a couple sites? If it's risking it, I would be better off getting 256 guaranteed and 1GB of burstable ram. I would be hosting a blog and web directory. I am afraid I would need more ram.

Thanks!
    Last edited by DWebby; 02-29-2008 at 12:35 AM.
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

If you're just after performance and not worried about having some additional control over your environment, I don't know if a [small] VPS would be appropriate. But, if you did go the VPS route I can tell you that vpsit is an excellent provider who is close to your price range. They are ran by the same folks as DNSMadeEasy (which is also a great service). Unlike many providers they are actually using real hardware (e.g SAS RAID 50/60 arrays).

In regards to cPanel on a $20 VPS, I don't know if that'll happen, especially not with good performance at the same time...however, do correct me if I'm wrong (I'd be very interested to see the provider who offers a $20 high performance cPanel VPS).

Yeah, I'm willing to spend 20-30 $ more for quality. In helps in the long run...

Thanks layer for your suggestion, and real hardware. I'll make sure the company I go with has real hardware

cheapvps.co.uk have a look over them.

I would like it to be located somewhere within the USA.

Also, I might want a windows VPS so I can host small applications. I found http://vpsland.com/ezwin.html, but if I will be hosting strictly sites I think Linux is the best way to go
    Last edited by DWebby; 02-29-2008 at 01:06 AM.

most $20.00 vps plans dont have the memory requirements to run cpanel smoothly... so be warned!
    Managed Virtual and Dedicated Servers Los Angeles - KEVWORKS
    Now with Level(3), Mzima, Telia, Global Crossing and Bandon

look at slhost they have half price promotion and they fit in your budget.

If you were wanting a Windows VPS for applications - then you can also run your websites on it (so you would need only one vps).

Just in case you didn't know.
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

Hi,
    i have a VPS with cpanel with http://www.jtl.net/vps.php for $25 and it is running ok. 256mb 200gb bandwidth. If you don't want cpanel you can have servercp that uses less ram for $20. They are very helpful
    Want a eBook Cover Action Scripts CLICK HERE