The number of links...

Hi,

Do you still use the old school method of linking to any web page to get it ranked higher on particular keyword? I've seen that there are still many web hosts who work to get thousands of inbound links to their pages.

I think that content based marketing works better, even it is harder to do it. What do you think?
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

The debate has not slowed down. Some would say quality over quantity. Some would say "no back link is useless." I should say we should get involve more on self-experimentation and let's zero in on what works best for our websites.

Content would definitely be a major factor in SEO - one thing we can all be sure of

For SERP ranking - its a mixture of how well you optimize on your onpage and offpage factors. Not to mention keyword selection and the competition for such. IMO this is very important so as to determine how to go about your linkbuilding strategy to outdo your competition
    OneIMS.com - Internet Marketing and SEO