Free Windows s/w to backup mysql & files on server to local machine

Hello,

Sorry if this is the incorrect forum, I couldn't find where else to pose the question...

Does anyone know of any free software that can be run on a windows PC to backup mySQL databases and files from a remote web server? Automatically , each night.

There's plenty of programs out there which will let you backup local files to a remote server on the internet, but I want to do it the other way around so I have another copy of the data on my servers.

TIA

From my quick search I can see a list of companies which are providing Free software for Database back up. Please make a search on www.softpedia.com. May be it will help you.They provide standard edition 2.1. They offer that it will Run remotely or locally with the MySQL databases. Can you explain little about your website?. Who is your current Host?.

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I've had a look through the site and didn't spot anything that meets my requirements.. I saw this one at the softpedia site, but it wasn't free:

http://www.softpedia.com/result.php?...NrdXAuc2h0bWw=

Was this the one you were referring to?

Backup scripts

Why don't you find one of the many backup scripts (bash) out there that can be run from a crontab?

You probably could easily combine parts of a couple to have the script back up the public_html directory and also have it back up whichever databases you want backed up. tar and gzip everything ready for download.

You can write a windows batch file that runs on a schedule to ftp into the directory, download the files, then delete them off the server every night.