Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

superbytes.net -- down for 12+ hours

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyAnonymous View Post

Hmmm, did you contact them why they are down? I mean via phone or some other communucation?

Net

As far as i remember, This was operated by a "teen" kid , on a VaguHost's Dedicated Box ( Vagu = who already ran away from WHT and does not even has a website yet. BurstNet Reseller )

I wish you all the best to get hold of the kid , try emailing BurstNet, may be they can shift your data to new Box.

You should have gone in for a reliable host, who may charge you few Dollars more, but have been here in industry.

You can try adding that kid at :
    AIM, Kerplunc. MSN, nick@thoughthacker.com

Regards..

Edit : superbytes.net is also down , OP : Wish you all the best again
    Last edited by VpsHosting; 03-01-2008 at 11:02 AM.

I would doubt BurstNET would legally be allowed to do anything to the box.

Quote Originally Posted by r00ter View Post
    I would doubt BurstNET would legally be allowed to do anything to the box.
    Yeah, that why i used "may be...."
    But he can atleast try rather then doing nothing

That is indeed true. Maybe try getting in touch with Tyler, he frequents here a lot and last I checked, was working for superbytes.

Its been 2 days since you started this thread, can you please post the Updates

gg superbytes. guaranteed its the last we here from em.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    gg superbytes. guaranteed its the last we here from em.

gg ??
    ^^ what does that means

Quote Originally Posted by VpsHosting View Post
    gg ??
    ^^ what does that means
    It means good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lpal-Jay View Post
    It means good game.
    Hmm

Lets hope OP gets his data back asap

But what shocks me is they looked like they were doing fine.

Thats why you should have the main site hosted with the clients.

Quote Originally Posted by r00ter View Post
    But what shocks me is they looked like they were doing fine.
    Even they Head Host Vagu was doing fine, till recently they ran off from WHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.G View Post
    Thats why you should have the main site hosted with the clients.
    Lets hope BurstNET helps them in someway or other, but in any case BurstNET is not bound to do that.

I doubt they will do anything as it would breach the contract between Burst and Vaguhost. The only thing Burst could do is suspend/terminate the reseller agreement with Burst, but in this time of age its all about the mighty dollar or should I say euro

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.G View Post
    I doubt they will do anything as it would breach the contract between Burst and Vaguhost. The only thing Burst could do is suspend/terminate the reseller agreement with Burst, but in this time of age its all about the mighty dollar or should I say euro
    But, my heart says, that "kid" SuperBytes will come back and surely say something to defend.

May be he is busy with school exams

Down Again

I am rightfully angry right now, and have more then enough reason to be so.

I joined Superbytes a while back, around November, and was one of their first customers. Coming from a completely terrible host before who were going down the drain, I found them to be very reliable, and support was very fast, limited downtime even when they moved servers.

However, even I have limited patience for this complete and utter nonsense. I refrained from posting before but this is ludicrous. They are DOWN yet again, and, as usual, their website unreachable (hosted on the same server), no replies to email, while it seems like the operator is to busy to do anything.

I asked them for an alternative email address to contact them at. None Received.

I asked them to host their "status blog" on something other then THEIR OWN server. They Didn't.

I emailed them a few days ago complaining that I will move (and want a refund for unused time) if this is not resolved. Doesn't seem like it will be resolved anytime soon. Forget 99.9%, I doubt that they (and their provider vaguhost) can even manage 90% at the moment. Third Downtime in February (that I can count, probably more that I didn't notice), almost 40 hours+ that the site's not been reachable throughout the month.

Terrible, Completely and Utter Crap Service.

ps: I was told that they will be "moving" to BurstNet. Looking at how it's basically passing the pillow, I really don't see how that would help. Dig a hole in the ground and dig even further.

Quote Originally Posted by stabani View Post
    I am rightfully angry right now, and have more then enough reason to be so.

I joined Superbytes a while back, around November, and was one of their first customers. Coming from a completely terrible host before who were going down the drain, I found them to be very reliable, and support was very fast, limited downtime even when they moved servers.

However, even I have limited patience for this complete and utter nonsense. I refrained from posting before but this is ludicrous. They are DOWN yet again, and, as usual, their website unreachable (hosted on the same server), no replies to email, while it seems like the operator is to busy to do anything.

I asked them for an alternative email address to contact them at. None Received.

I asked them to host their "status blog" on something other then THEIR OWN server. They Didn't.

I emailed them a few days ago complaining that I will move (and want a refund for unused time) if this is not resolved. Doesn't seem like it will be resolved anytime soon. Forget 99.9%, I doubt that they (and their provider vaguhost) can even manage 90% at the moment. Third Downtime in February (that I can count, probably more that I didn't notice), almost 40 hours+ that the site's not been reachable throughout the month.

Terrible, Completely and Utter Crap Service.

ps: I was told that they will be "moving" to BurstNet. Looking at how it's basically passing the pillow, I really don't see how that would help. Dig a hole in the ground and dig even further.

I appriciate your patience you put through them, but you can not blame them all the way.

You should have yourself though how can a kid manage your VPS ? They father host provider ( Vagu ) was even run by a teen aged person, so there was nothing much to expect from them.

I would just suggest, you to put a paypal dispute, if you paid them by paypal, may be you can get back your hard earned money.

I have full sympathy with you , you can also try emailing BurstNET, to check if they have any other alternative to retrieve your backups if possible.

As of now, even i can see that there website is down, which is hosted on same (1) server that he owns from VaguHost.

Let us know about developments

See, the problem is, one of the kids you talk about, Nick, has been a very good friend of mine from before the days of superbytes.

The truth is, They helped me out quite a bit. I have no doubt about a teen running a business (I've been one myself, so can't really have double standards).

Though I have no trust in Vaguhost, nor on BurstNet, the truth is, their service always *does* end up starting up again, however, it's usually down for 12 hours. I'm living on that hope for now till I can retrieve everything and move hosts.

For Shame, really. Surprising that Nick nor Matt seem to have enough strength to come up here and address the situation firsthand.
    Last edited by stabani; 03-01-2008 at 06:37 PM.

See, the problem is, one of the kids you talk about, Nick, has been a very good friend of mine from before the days of superbytes.

The truth is, They helped me out quite a bit. I have no doubt about a teen running a business (I've been one myself, so can't really have double standards).

Though I have no trust in Vaguhost, nor on BrainNet, the truth is, their service always *does* end up starting up again, however, it's usually down for 12 hours. I'm living on that hope for now till I can retrieve everything and move hosts.

For Shame, really. Surprising that Nick nor Matt seem to have enough strength to come up here and address the situation firsthand.

Its BurstNET and not BrainNet , You got the penalty for trusting a Kid for business.

If he is your such a good friend, he will positively do what all he can, for the sake of friendship

I saw him browsing Premium Forum, few moments ago, may be he will come to this thread too, for a walk soon

Quote Originally Posted by VpsHosting View Post
    Its BurstNET and not BrainNet , You got the penalty for trusting a Kid for business.
    eh, Enough people do business with me to justify such risks. :-D

that being said, error correcting.

eh, Enough people do business with me to justify such risks. :-D

that being said, error correcting.
    You joined just today : and all your posts are in this thread,

Can you tell me, how is "Nick" your Old friend , and why didn't you decided to call him instead of bashing him here

ah darn, lost the reply. anyways.

1) Bashing in here since I can't get a hold on anybody. Not that they could possibly get a hold of me. My domain is down, my emails are running into a complete blackhole, and no emails on my temp email address either.

2) Nick's an old friend, mostly on the internet. As I said, patience is limited in such situations. I want resolutions, not bloody excuses.

3) No Personal Vendettas against anyone. I just want my site running.

ah darn, lost the reply. anyways.

1) Bashing in here since I can't get a hold on anybody. Not that they could possibly get a hold of me. My domain is down, my emails are running into a complete blackhole, and no emails on my temp email address either.

2) Nick's an old friend, mostly on the internet. As I said, patience is limited in such situations. I want resolutions, not bloody excuses.

3) No Personal Vendettas against anyone. I just want my site running.

Can you tell, what is the domain name that is hosted with them ?

yup, here it is:

clearout.name

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast