Looking for a Dallas dedicated

I'm looking for a dedicated server in Dallas (the datacenter that I've probably had the most luck with besides Chicago), with these features:

A control panel
    Any processor (anything is better than my VPS)
    1GB of RAM
    Complete setup (I know a little about server administration, but do not want to be left with the task of setting up firewalls, installing apache, etc.)

Would like to come in around $100, but could pay up to $120 if needed. Right now, I've found a few that look reputable and satisfy my needs. Serverbeach, Cari.net, and The Planet. Any other suggestions or advice?

2 days ago, Softlayer had their Opteron 170 special again for $119, but it is already gone .

Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

Quote Originally Posted by CaroNet-Rob View Post
    2 days ago, Softlayer had their Opteron 170 special again for $119, but it is already gone .
    I suggest the OP wait for a while for another Softlayer special like the above as these offers are frequent.

Just one point - ServerBeach isn't in Dallas, they're in San Antonio. You should see similar networking performance, however.

Here are some Dallas based hosting companies which maybe of help to you. I am not sure of the pricing but you can contact them to inquire further.

softlayer.com
    theplanet.com
    tailormadeservers.com

tailormadeservers ask them they will build server for you
    ComCities.Com| provide hosting solutions Since 2002
    FLV Enable Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

Isnt Cari.net in California? That isnt quite Dallas either.
    Ryan - Limestone Networks - Client Relations Manager
    Cloud, Dedicated & Enterprise Hosting - Premium Network - DDoS Protection Available
    Dedicated Servers @LimestoneInc - limestonenetworks.com - 877.586.0555

Cari.net I believe is in San Diego. It's toward the Mexican border and it's not very close to Dallas.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by forumtalk View Post
    tailormadeservers ask them they will build server for you
    TMS also gets my vote!

I know the OP is looking for a managed service, but if he gets the cheap Athlon64 3400 for $69 and cPanel for $20 from TMS, he'll still have money left over to hire a server management company. If TMS are out of stock on those cheap servers, just send TMS - JoseQ a message... he might have something available.

You really can't go wrong with TMS, the network is superb (premium InterNAP bandwidth) and JoseQ and Omar are awesome to work with... and have saved my butt a few times!

Here's their latest offering:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=670971

Quote Originally Posted by HiVelocity View Post
    Thanks, the reason for the post was to really get advice on who to go with. Yes, I can easily find a list of all them, some resellers, some in business for less than a month, some have ridiculous TOS contracts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    I suggest the OP wait for a while for another Softlayer special like the above as these offers are frequent.
    I have till the end of March, so I think that's a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by NexSeven View Post
    Just one point - ServerBeach isn't in Dallas, they're in San Antonio. You should see similar networking performance, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan - Limestone View Post
    Isnt Cari.net in California? That isnt quite Dallas either.
    Thanks, I was mistaken about ServerBeach, and just wasn't sure about Cari.net.

Its definitely "near" San Diego. I use to have a few colocated servers there, but moved them to CastleAccess (less than 3 miles down the road) due to better 1/4 - 1/2 cabinet prices.

Quote Originally Posted by rey View Post
    Cari.net I believe is in San Diego. It's toward the Mexican border and it's not very close to Dallas.
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

This might be a blast from the past but wasn't TMS one of the big providers that was working with AngelNetworkz? Not scamming.. but they AN used them as a supplier?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
    TMS also gets my vote!

I know the OP is looking for a managed service, but if he gets the cheap Athlon64 3400 for $69 and cPanel for $20 from TMS, he'll still have money left over to hire a server management company. If TMS are out of stock on those cheap servers, just send TMS - JoseQ a message... he might have something available.

You really can't go wrong with TMS, the network is superb (premium InterNAP bandwidth) and JoseQ and Omar are awesome to work with... and have saved my butt a few times!

Here's their latest offering:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=670971
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydWS View Post
    This might be a blast from the past but wasn't TMS one of the big providers that was working with AngelNetworkz? Not scamming.. but they AN used them as a supplier?
    It's my understanding that AngelNetworkz leased servers from TMS and didn't pay their bill and were eventually shut off. There's a 17 page thread about it, but I don't see any point in linking to it.

I'm not sure why you're bringing this up?