Apply to become a CA for ie ssl.

Does anyone know how/where you can apply for Microsoft to recognize you as a certificate authority?

Also does anyone know of a good ssl certificate reseller program?

Does anyone know how/where you can apply for Microsoft to recognize you as a certificate authority?
    Your question is a little unclear. Are you asking how you can issue your own SSL certificates?
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

I read it as he want to be a root
    ServMap.com - MapServer GIS hosting
    Shared | Reseller | VPS | Dedicated Hosting by ServWebSolutions

Quote Originally Posted by servmap View Post
    I have no idea what you mean by that, but...

He does want to sign his own certs, but he wants to sell them to other people similar to Verisign, I think. But I think he wants to know how to become a Certified Certificate Authority. To stop those stupid, untrusted authority messages in browsers.

Thats the way I see it anyways

Perhaps you're confusing SSL with SSH?

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Perhaps you're confusing SSL with SSH?
    No, he means a Root Authority (thats how its called if you are giving out SSL certificates yourself. (like the big guys). Everyone can start its own Root Authority for SSL certificates but its useless unless companies like Microsoft are adding you as the root authority to their browser.

How to play that game; no idea, why not use an established root authority and resell their certificates ?
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

I think you need some form of insurace befor you can become a signed root authority. Also you would probably require your own server, and im sure there are lots of other conditions on reciving the root authority too.

However this is just what i am thinking. Try and contact microsft directly?
    Master Reseller Accounts
    Shared Hosting
    VPS hosting
    ToastHosts.com support{at}toasthosts.com