* Banned domains..............

I wondering where to get info why some domains are banned here.

What is it they do that is so terrible to be banned for life here?

Afterall, this Forum is suppose to provide the best info for customers and providers of hosting.

Personally, I just got my first Dedicated Server 3 days ago.
    and I took the risk and got it from a banned domain here.
    The main reason was price and AIM support.
    And the help they've provided over the 3 days I DOUBT any host would do !

Today, I'm very glad to say that I don't regret it the slightest !

I would strongly recommend WHT to review those banned domains and give everyone a SECOND chance.

I do understand some of them do stupid things when they're just starting the business or they're too young.

*PS : I am not a hosting provider but a beginner who is owning a DS for the first time and I would strongly recommend my current provider if their name is not banned.

All comments are welcome.

What is it they do that is so terrible to be banned for life here?
    They don't follow the rules, simple eh?

They don't follow the rules, simple eh?
    Who has NEVER broken a rule? YOU?!
    and did the principal stop you from going school?!

Never got into trouble at school

come on bro............

prefer some genuine feelings.....

gimme your thoughts

Re: come on bro............

Originally posted by BKM
    prefer some genuine feelings.....

gimme your thoughts
    You don't beleive me?

If they ain't smart enough to read the rules here and follow them; they ain't smart enough to run a server.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

SoftWareRevue:

LOL, don't even make me comment on your last "ain't" statement.

* hmm.............

It looks to me there's some mercyless creatures here or are they afraid of competitions?

Looks like Hell is here
    No chance for anyone.........runnnnnnnn.................for your lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't make assumptions. If you want jokes, go to the lounge forum; otherwise, I take what you said as an insult.

The companies are banned for a reason, or reasons. You may be lucky to have gotten a good person, but someone else in the company was an idiot, so the company was banned.

Peter

They have to SPAM the forum multiple times, even after being warned.

Re: Banned domains..............

Originally posted by BKM
    I would strongly recommend WHT to review those banned domains and give everyone a SECOND chance.
    We're not 'mercyless creatures' or 'afraid of competitions' which is often what spammers claim. We're simply not willing to put up with spammers period. They get a second chance. They blow it. They get banned. Then they generally have to wait 90 days.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

* So they were given a 2nd chance......

then its too bad for them

Anyway, I see some people take it very personal here.

Why only after I mentioned "mercyless" or "afraid" then ppl start posting? Did a hit a bull or something?

I only wanted some feedbacks and info and it turns out that I step on someone's tail.

I wonder if this post is considered a joke?

Well, some people have been banned for quite some time..

At WebHostDir, we ban people too. Not very often though, you have to be pretty dumb.

At WebHostDir, we ban people too. Not very often though, you have to be pretty dumb.
    Care to explain?

At WebHostDir forums, http://forums.webhostdir.com/ people get banned... but only people who consistently SPAM or harass people.

I wasn't meaning your dumb... I'm sorry if I sounded that way.

Generally I believe that judgments have been very good here (I have been here for about a year). Specially Chicken is a very positive and responsible person. In fact I heve never seen a bad behaviour from him.

As Chicken said they will have another chance after 90 days. But may be it is up to them to ask moderators to remove them from ban list after 90 days.

Mac

Wink no problem JYT

Its good to have some info and understanding, I believe a lot of new users like myself would want to know too.

I guess its only fair that those repeated offenders get banned and I feel the 90 days term a also a very good practise

Sorry maybe i'm missing the point here but this isnt california, no three stike rule apply. You break the rules you get banned!

Thats it, whats the big deal with that, most members dont have a problem with it. Not the end of the world for either us, or the offenders. Move on with your lives people.

BKM: glad to hear you got great support for 3 days (while your payment cleared) would love to hear from you in 3 months saying the same great things about this company
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

i just wish i knew who the companys that were banned were , and what caused them to be removed from the forum .

You may be able to find out by asking the moderators, but seriously, if they are banned, they don't deserve your business.

Peter

I've said this before in other discussions...

I really agree. It's frustrating to not be able to say the name of a company because they've been banned. Banning the company from posting is a good idea, but banning people from discussing the company, in my opinion, is not.

All banning discussion of the name does, IMHO, is make sure no one knows about what goes on. I've seen a ton of forums saying things like "What do you guys think of *******" All that happens is that people find creative misspellings to get around the censorship.

I can understand deleting accounts of people who spam the board, but why not create a forum for "Banned Hosts" or something, where an annoucement is made saying something like "Company X has been blocked from posting due to..."

At the very least, there should be a way to find out why a name has been banned. (And, personally, I'd rather get rid of the "censorship" entirely, since I don't think it does much good, aside from ensuring that no one finds out that the banned company did anything wrong.)