surpass hosting slow response

I'm keen on trying out their One Love 2 promotion, so I sent in a ticket the other day, which was acknowledged on feb 25th.

Just sending in the ticket was a hassle, since the form demanded current customer info even when you had already clicked a new customer box choice...so I just filled in something to get the form completed.

It's been two days since they said someone would follow up...and nobody has. I clicked the link to check the status of my ticket that they provide in their response e-mail, and it takes me to a customer login screen that prompts me for a password and e-mail address. There is some sort of error message along with it. This may be due in part to them thinking I am a customer, since their ticket form mandated that I enter something in one of the existing customer boxes even though I had already entered a check in one of the new customer info boxes. The request wouldn't go through any other way.

These guys were on my short list of companies for reselling, and I was hoping to check out their customer/sales service in this first inquiry, but it seems like they have started slow right off the bat.

I've heard good things on here about them, and for a buck a year I don't think this will be enough for me to not sign up for OL2, but I don't know if I'd want to use them in a reselling capacity.

I'm sure I am in the minority with this experience, as most posts seem to vouch for SH's quality of product and service, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had any delays in sales or customer service support responses?

Hi

You might find this thread of interest:
    Is surpasshosting.com dodgy?

This particular thread was relating to someone paying full price but, it also mentions the One Love 2 promotion

In short it's high demand due to promotion that's causing the delay

Hope this helps
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: NetworkPanda.

I went back to their site and dug around a tiny bit.

It seems like there was a porblem with their Kayako service or something...delays and bugs were mentioned in the knowledgebase. Re-submitting a ticket was encouraged, and I did.

I wonder how often this happens. Kayako is another company that seems to have a good rep on here, from the posts I've seen.

Thanks for the thread...I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampdoria View Post
    I'm keen on trying out their One Love 2 promotion, so I sent in a ticket the other day, which was acknowledged on feb 25th.

Just sending in the ticket was a hassle, since the form demanded current customer info even when you had already clicked a new customer box choice...so I just filled in something to get the form completed.

It's been two days since they said someone would follow up...and nobody has. I clicked the link to check the status of my ticket that they provide in their response e-mail, and it takes me to a customer login screen that prompts me for a password and e-mail address. There is some sort of error message along with it. This may be due in part to them thinking I am a customer, since their ticket form mandated that I enter something in one of the existing customer boxes even though I had already entered a check in one of the new customer info boxes. The request wouldn't go through any other way.

These guys were on my short list of companies for reselling, and I was hoping to check out their customer/sales service in this first inquiry, but it seems like they have started slow right off the bat.

I've heard good things on here about them, and for a buck a year I don't think this will be enough for me to not sign up for OL2, but I don't know if I'd want to use them in a reselling capacity.

I'm sure I am in the minority with this experience, as most posts seem to vouch for SH's quality of product and service, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had any delays in sales or customer service support responses?
    I will definitely vouch for Surpass/Hostdime. Their sales and support staff are phenomenal to say the least. I always receive a prompt response when I send in a ticket. It's very well possible that your ticket was some how shuffled around due to the high quantity of sales inquiries they have received because of their specials. If you don't hear a response back from them I would try registering a support account if you have not done so, and send them another ticket because it's not like them to leave tickets unanswered.

They did get back to me...repeatedly in a short span. Three out of four of my questions were answered right off... I think they misunderstood one. They do seem keen on doing a good job.

Like I said, they have a good rep on here, so I just wanted some input. The other similar thread seemed a bit more worried/critical, but I figured the whole thing was more of an anomaly than an everyday thing with them.

Looking forward to trying their hosting now.

Great your inital feeling is positive and you got satisfactory responses pre-sales.

We look forward to your Surpasshosting review on WHT at a later date

Good luck
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: NetworkPanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampdoria View Post

You even have to login to place an order:

https://client.surpasshosting.com/mb4/

How can a login protected order form be good for business?
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Being an extremely happy customer of Surpass Hosting, I thought i'd just have my 2 cents, I visit Surmunity.com Surpass's forums alot and over the past few weeks since their One Love II sale has been on there have been alot of slow replies from support because of the high amount of order's they have been gettting, SurpassHosting is in no way, shape or form "dodgy", they have hundreds of servers and own a datacenter and are one of the quite "big" host's on the internet and have been for 7 years now, surely they would have gone "bust" by now if they were dodgy.
    I've seen some real dodgy host's and Surpass isn't one
    Last edited by dannycg; 03-01-2008 at 09:16 PM.
    Happily Hosted By 4RL-Hosting.com and SurpassHosting.com and Uni-Hosts.com =)

I never implied they were dodgy...just noted slow response.

There was another thread that seemed to have one or two worried posters, but I had read good things about SH, and I knew that this was the second year they were offering One Love for a buck. It couldn't have been such a bad idea of they decided to offer it again, could it?

As I said in the other thread...a company takes a big risk giving away web space for a buck a year. If they do a bad job, there will be a ton of people spreading bad word of mouth, and it barely cost them anything to try the service.

I'm not expecting anything precedent setting...just regular old decent service. From what I heav read, I'll probably be quite content using their space for a site or two.