A good Windows Control Panel

Hi,

This subject has been covered in another thread, however i'd like to try to get opinions from the community based on some specific requirements I have for a control panel:

NEED TO HAVE
    - The CP should be runned on a Windows platform, but allowing to also control Linux based servers.
    - Must be extremly configurable, actualy as close as possible to "open source" :-) in order to not get "stock" somewhere, i.e possibility to add own payment gateways and domain registars!

NICE TO HAVE
    - One time licence
    - Integrated billing and support
    - Plesk offer their Sitebuilder - this is a "nice to have" feature as well.

Right now I find myself choosing between PLESK and HC as they look to meet my requirements better - previously I have been considering HELM, but after the Parallel purchase my feeling is that this CP will slowly fade a way by getting less and less focus.

Opinions are most welcome as well as alternative suggestions.

Hi

Hsphere runs windows and linux.

Helm is a good Control panel but that is windows only. Also I know Parellel's have some great features coming out for it.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

I would say that HC does all that you want and has great support for their controlpanels. Been using them for 10 years I guess, their HC panels had been very stable now. It runs on Windows platform and is able to control linux machines, though I won't say that it is as good as Cpanel and Directadmin in this aspect, but overall I would say HC had been great.

Custom domain registar

Hi,

Thanks for the answer - question:

Now when you recommend HC I was hoping if you know if its possible to add your own domain registar - i.e. to allow ordering of TLD's not supported by HC's implemented registars ?

Quote Originally Posted by boonchuan View Post
    I would say that HC does all that you want and has great support for their controlpanels. Been using them for 10 years I guess, their HC panels had been very stable now. It runs on Windows platform and is able to control linux machines, though I won't say that it is as good as Cpanel and Directadmin in this aspect, but overall I would say HC had been great.

Ohh, I don't think if HC supports custom domain registrar. They support 4-5 domain registrars which are listed on the website but not like you can integrate any domain registrar of choice with their CP. Personally I have found it the best control panel in Windows.

For custom registrar I think you should contact HC and see what they have to say. Usually they ask for license buy for such integration and support.

On Windows systems I personally prefer Plesk. In my opinion it has a far superior feature set as compared to other Windows control panels. However, Plesk on Linux systems... ehh, not so good
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Yeap they are quite willing to help on this, just give their sales a buzz and see if they can help. Personally they helped me on quite a bit. It is just a matter of asking and if there is a need some fees to pay for the integration.

Quote Originally Posted by BitByteHost View Post
    For custom registrar I think you should contact HC and see what they have to say. Usually they ask for license buy for such integration and support.