Company mascot/logo

Hello,

I've reached a little "dilemma" and I came here for some support, maybe you all can assist me. Crissic Solutions needs a new logo/mascot, if you had to choose a logo and mascot for our company what would it be? I'd like to hear your ideas.

Thanks,
    Harry

Can you tell me what the word Crissic means?

Crissic actually doesn't have a meaning, that's where my dilemma is coming from

Quote Originally Posted by CS-Harry View Post
    Hello,

I've reached a little "dilemma" and I came here for some support, maybe you all can assist me. Crissic Solutions needs a new logo/mascot, if you had to choose a logo and mascot for our company what would it be? I'd like to hear your ideas.

Thanks,
    Harry
    See http:///www.ypson.com for ideas and ask him for a quote.
    Community Manager @ Cloudflare
    I'm on Twitter too. DMs open.
    Passionate about photography.

The only thing I can really think "crissic" would mean would be Crisp, clear, clean. Crissic doesn't have much of a meaning, the whereabouts as to how it became the name of the company is based off of brainstorming and it was just a word that stuck at the time. We wanted something original, yet something that everybody would be able to remember.

As far as a mascot, I was considering something more nature related, such as a bald eagle. We have a small handful around the valley I live in, so I find it a great mascot. Bald Eagles are considered majestic, full of energy. However majestic they are, they are also very fierce and ready to strike at a moments notice.

That would go particularly well with Crissic as we may be small, such as a bald eagle; but we are ready to show our true colors. We are ready to pounce into the real hosting industry, thus the LLC we recently applied for and are in the final finishing stages for.

Opinions?
    Crissic Solutions, LLC - Affordable VPS Solutions.
    Our business is based on Honesty & Transparency!

Anything with the 'cartoon' theme normally works with names like that. There is a company on here that does a lot of logos, and very good ones. I can't seem to remember the name though..if it comes to me, I will let you know.

I would go with something that makes you look legit and classic, like a simple designed logo but effective. Something like a swoosh like Nike.

My friend has this guy http://xenvion.com/portfolio.php code the swivel host logo, which is not bad. He is costly though.

I would personally go with a simple crisp look like ^ above logo
    Last edited by HostVillage Sales; 02-27-2008 at 10:55 PM.

Id suggest you with a 'digital' logo. For example, Apple - they could use a nice good red apple as their logo, but they didn't.

Something along those lines...

I used www.castlemelody.com for my site mascot a few years ago and have been very pleased with the results. Allan is great to work with (he goes by WHT username consul).

Your biggest challenge will be trying to associate an appropriate mascot concept for the name Crissic. As you said, the name doesn't mean anything dictionary-wise, so it will be a challenge to make a direct mascot match. On the other hand, I sell Flash tutorials and my mascot is a monkey. So go figure. No match whatsoever, but it has worked well for me.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    I used www.castlemelody.com for my site mascot a few years ago and have been very pleased with the results. Allan is great to work with (he goes by WHT username consul).
    Another shoutout to Allan at castlemelody.com. They did a bunch of mascots for me and they turned out great.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post
    Another shoutout to Allan at castlemelody.com. They did a bunch of mascots for me and they turned out great.
    Three's a charm. Allan has my recommendation also. I've had over a dozen orders with him.
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

Quote Originally Posted by CS-Harry View Post
    Crissic actually doesn't have a meaning, that's where my dilemma is coming from
    Everytime I look at Crissic I see crisis (which isn't good!)

Yes, there are somewhere a philosophical evidence that 99% of us don't read all the letters in a word, just the first two-three letters, the rest of the world is in our mind, that mean also impression. But if the mind mistakes, the impression remain, that why it's important how you choose your business name. About logo, if you can work with Adobe Photoshop, CS or Corel, you can make your own logo as you like
    It's just a suggestion

How about Crissic Solutions as a dragon figurine in the shape of an "S" ? It could have some powerful looking eyes that can spot server trouble before it happens and scare away customers that whine too often...

How's that?

You could try a sitepoint contest (now 99designs.com) Offer a couple hundos and see what people come up with