something like steadfast?

I'm looking for something like steadfast, to the point of reliability and good customer service.

Of course, that's not the point of this post either! You see my "awesome" ISP have problems making connection to their server that I can't even upload a simple index.php to the server. It either times out or tells me to download the php file.

To sum it up, I can't submit any data to their server without receiving a time out. Arguing to the ISP is futile *plus I don't feel like waiting 4 hours in the phone then get a person who doesn't know what I'm talking about*

So, here is what I need.

In steadfast I paid six month *semi annual* for their basic, I'm looking for php5 where I can run a zend framework, http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/...xtensions.html (for any hoster that is looking at this post) (note: obvious I don't need all those things, except gettext,curl, iconv, mcrypt and a few basic ones)

So, I'm looking for something very basic, just php5, at leat 500 mb and 30GB bandwidth and a semi annual I can pay with 26 USD (more or less) (which sometimes is hard to look), and sorry to point this out but a money back guaranteed (just in case it happens again)

VPS sounds like it would be your best fit, there are a lot of offeres in the offers section, use the search feature here to look up and info on a host that you might find interesting. Google helps too.
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033

Quote Originally Posted by Hivelocity Q&A View Post
    VPS sounds like it would be your best fit, there are a lot of offeres in the offers section, use the search feature here to look up and info on a host that you might find interesting. Google helps too.
    A VPS seems to be bit of an overkill for such small requirements. As long as the site isn't CPU intensive, it should do fine on a shared plan.

Also, the OP's budget is $26 semi-annually, so he needs something in the $4 to $5 per month range.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

That's really kind of a weird problem...

While I can certainly empathize with the pain of working with your ISP to resolve this, that really is the best solution. Yeah, it's going to drag out for a while - but I'd be wondering if you can't get to this server at Steadfast, then how many other destinations can you not get to through your ISP.
    ~ But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

Have a quick look in the web hosting offer's you should be able to find something in your price range, I think a shared environment would be fine, doesn't look like your asking for much.
    || Host3 UK Web Hosting
    || cPanel Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by tjthayer View Post
    That's really kind of a weird problem...

While I can certainly empathize with the pain of working with your ISP to resolve this, that really is the best solution. Yeah, it's going to drag out for a while - but I'd be wondering if you can't get to this server at Steadfast, then how many other destinations can you not get to through your ISP.
    My ISP seems to have looped somewhere in interNAP, right now it's stable.

I'll be keeping a look out though. Thanks everyone, although I found a lot of interesting offers, well I'll just keep them bookmarked for a friend just in case

(It's good have options after all)