Looking for a good dedicated server company

Currently we are hosted with Hivelocity and have recently experiences some issues with them. I am looking for a dedicated server company with 24/7 support a phone line would be preferred. Some key points Im looking for are

• Cheap Servers
    • Upgradable Servers
    • Good Administrators who know what they are doing
    • Good Tech Support
    • Could be Managed or Unman aged
    • Friendly staff
    • Family Feel
    • Low DOWNTIME !! is a must

I am looking for a server with around a 150GB Hardrive, 1GB ram, and 1500GB bandwidth.

Any suggestions please post them.
    -Dustin
    Last edited by DustinC; 02-26-2008 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Spelling Error

Check the offers forums and look for a company with an established history and then search the forums and read reviews on them.

What sort of issues have you experienced at HIV that would make you want to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by DustinC View Post
    Currently we are hosted with Hivelocity and have recently experiences some issues with them. I am looking for a dedicated server company with 24/7 support a phone line would be preferred. Some key points Im looking for are
    • Cheap Servers
    • Upgradable Servers
    • Good Tech Support
    • Friendly staff
    • Family Feel

I am looking for a server with around a 150GB Hardrive, 1GB ram, and 1500GB bandwidth.

-Dustin
    Hi Dustin,
    I think you should also mention what OS you are looking for (Linux / Windows), and what your budget is for the server?

Also, as Ryan mentioned, it might be worthwhile checking out the adverts on the forums, and then using those to compare against each other.

All the best.
    Intellitech I.T. Solutions Ltd.
    Intellitech Hosting - Dedicated Servers in Atlanta, Tampa, Dallas, Washington, Seattle (USA), London (UK) & EU
    Server Load Balancing, Hardware Firewalls, MPLS Connectivity

As mentioned above, you may want to check the dedicated server offers forum here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Do you have a set budget and know what type of processing power you need? Both would be helpful for recommendations. Are your visitors regionalized (ie. mainly from the UK or something like that) -- if so it may make sense to pick a hosting company in or near the region of your visitors.
    Take 2 Hosting, Inc. - Hosting Done Right
    Fully automated setup - new servers in as little as 10 minutes
    http://www.take2hosting.com/

@Ryan
    Its just been constant downtimes, issues happening on our server that I have to fix myself and Im not a tech guy im new to the whole server thing.

@intellitech:
    We are looking to spend no more then $150
    Linux - maybe a Cent OS or a Fedora Core OS

The only thing that may make the price high(er) is if you really want a 150GB HD (The only 150GB HDs are Raptors). For that budget you will easily find a dual core AMD/Intel with 1-2GB ram and 160GB+ HD space.

Quote Originally Posted by DustinC View Post

• Cheap Servers
    • Upgradable Servers
    • Good Tech Support
    • Friendly staff
    • Family Feel

-Dustin

I would be happy to look into your issues , if you would like. I would also be happy to put you in direct contact with our quality control manager , he would give you his direct cell phone number.
    Last edited by ceridius; 02-26-2008 at 05:24 AM.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_I View Post
    I can offer you either:
    Dual Core 3.0/2GB RAM/250GB + 500GB HDD/5 IPs/2000GB/mo for $145/mo (free setup)
    or:
    Fully isolated VDS with 1GB RAM/200GB HDD/Unlimited Internet traffic for $132/mo
    Your data center? AFAIK, self advertisement is banned in this forum. Please place your offers in the 'Offers' section.
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's