Fast Network for Server

I currently own 32 slot game server that users sometimes don't have the maps the game is playing on. Since latency is important I need to offset this by offering the map downloads on another server. So are there any cheap servers with a very very fast connection for 32 users to download at the same time maps ranging from a few MB to 50MB?

I need at least 3MBps for upload speed. What kind of money can I expect to pay for that? Also I need at least 150GB bandwidth but anything higher will be nice.

What is your budget? There's lots of providers that would be able to provide you with a server, just check out the dedicated server offer forum here. You may even be able to use a VPS for that. I know layeredtech.com has some good specials right now, but I personally think a VPS would suit your needs, however like I said depends how much you want to spend. Check out the hosting offer's section here.

VPS would be good if it is just file downloads depending on monthly bandwidth usage. Go for a VPS provider who has a good, high speed connection.

The only purpose of this server is for file downloads, nothing else. At most I'll have like 5gb of space used. I don't think I'll be able to find any reasonably cheap deal for 3MBps (which is around 20-30mbits/s) since 100mbits fiber lines are so expensive. I thought I ask since I can get roughly half of 3MBytes/s from a verizon fios connection for under $100.

3MBps for map downloads is defiantly going to put you in the running for a Dedicated/VPS with a 100mbps port which can run you quite a bit per month. If you are just looking to offload it, you can setup a shared web hosting account somewhere and use the http server to get the files in your HLDS server (assuming that is what you are talking about). This will speed up your transfers to about 100-500KBps depending on the host and service you get.
    Bryan

If checked with quite a few shared solutions and everyone one tells me they don't allow 32 downloads at the same time. Are there any low end servers out there with a faster connection than usual? Or are there ones that allow me to choose my network provider? I could have sworn there was one that offered this.

Quote Originally Posted by blissend View Post
    If checked with quite a few shared solutions and everyone one tells me they don't allow 32 downloads at the same time. Are there any low end servers out there with a faster connection than usual? Or are there ones that allow me to choose my network provider? I could have sworn there was one that offered this.
    You could get a Corenetworks server (ask for a 100mbps port though) for $25/mo (+$10/mo for the port upgrade). It should be plenty for what you need it for (downloads). 1000gb should also be more than enough bandwidth.

I think using a VPS would be the most cost effective solution for you. Since it is the bandwidth that is the bottleneck, and the CPU & Ram & Space are relatively negligible, a VPS with say, 500GB transfer would suffice.

Hi,

Try FDCServers.com, they have VPS and Dedicated servers that will most likely meet your requirements. Also, now they provide AT&T connection for low latency stuff. So you can use AT&T ip for your game servers and the common BGP mix ips for the uploads. Try talking to them, they're very responsive and they will most likely find a way of acomodating your needs.

Regards,