How do I register my own dns nameserver with godaddy?

Hi I just bought a vps and made my own nameservers. My domain is registered with godaddy. Where do I register it? I just tried changing the dns but I keep getting an error. Saw bunch of tutorials, but they were 3-4 years ago, contacted godaddy...it's been a day with no answers.

In the GoDaddy panel, there should be an option somewhere to register nameservers for your domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales3 View Post
    Hi I just bought a vps and made my own nameservers. My domain is registered with godaddy. Where do I register it? I just tried changing the dns but I keep getting an error. Saw bunch of tutorials, but they were 3-4 years ago, contacted godaddy...it's been a day with no answers.
    Go into your control panel and create the nameservers under "Host Summary" with the corresponding IPs. Once that has been done, you can then add your own nameservers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown View Post
    Go into your control panel and create the nameservers under "Host Summary" with the corresponding IPs. Once that has been done, you can then add your own nameservers.
    Thanks I've spent several hours looking for this and looked through several tutorials but they were all outdated. Anyways it was at the bottom left hand corner.Look at Host Summary and click add.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales3 View Post
    Thanks I've spent several hours looking for this and looked through several tutorials but they were all outdated. Anyways it was at the bottom left hand corner.Look at Host Summary and click add.
    No worries about it. Their FAQs are outdated simply because they didn't update them when they revert to a new control panel.

the most good solution is, you contact with support.

They are not very clear on this. I just spent the last 24 hours trying to figure out why godaddy would not accept my nameservers. I read this topic and finally got it. Their support is...well....lacking as I have yet to recieve a reply from anyone other than an automated response.

As brown said. Its under "Host summary". You have to scroll down on the domain summary page to find the link located on the left side.

Picture here
    http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/9...ybuttonyo8.jpg

Once you get to that page you can enter your nameserver info. All I had to do was enter NS1 and the IP address of NS1. Then go back into it and enter NS2 and the IP of NS2. For the rest of my domains all I had to do was enter the nameserver address on the nameserver page.

It's better if you configure our private DNS on your server with the corresponded IPs, before the registration.

* OMG!

Thanks to all for this thread!!
    I wasted days on this.
    Godaddy support is rubbish...response time 24 hours and useless.Help files are basic.
    What a stupidly designed new control panel..and so difficult to figuire out why you get those errors...makes you wonder how many people give up and just go for the defaults and host with them
    Bye bye godaddy...