Do you like PDF attachments?

In the case of receiving invoices for a hosting account, do you prefer PDF attachments instead of plain text?

I personally find PDF's irritating, but for some reason I like more personal information in a PDF attachment. I suppose because it "feels" more secure (its certainly not though), and because it is easier to save for my records. I guess it also feels more professional.

What do you guys think?

Personally, I'd prefer receiving a PDF... however for the technically challenged, I'm sure they'd much rather see plain text. Depends on what type of clientele you're dealing with.
    Cole Winans - CEO/Founder
    Syneticus, Inc.
    www.Syneticus.com
    "Hosting Services at Their Finest!"

For my hosting account I'd rather see a plain text document that clearly lists what needs to be paid.

I don't like attachments in today's world... I don't open them when sent in email.

You could even have some people who reject pdf files or who send pdf files to "spam folder" due to the pdf spam.

As the other person said though, it depends on who you are dealing with. If you, as my hosting provider, where to send an attachment, I'd not open it and login to find out how much I'd need to pay... then send an email to ask you to send via plain txt.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

I'm a fan of plaintext. What I'd do is make a downloadable PDF available after logging in for people who want one for whatever reason.

For those who don't like PDF's, what about email's in html format?

Send it in multipart with a text and html version.

PDF is ugly and slow especially when linking from the web. I'm with Dan L, send it multipart. If you're totally in love with pdf, link to it in your multipart email.

Quote Originally Posted by HostSentry View Post
    For those who don't like PDF's, what about email's in html format?
    Your email would come in as plain text to my account.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Hey Hostgator, I do not like PDF's but some people like them, I'd rather get plain text, and/or html formatted.
    I am here. Did you need something boss? I'm just knocking out your tickets and live chats correctly and fast as possible while monitoring the servers and their services and admiring all the blinky cage lights. Just message me if you need any help.

I prefer it be a plain text email.

But if it must be an attachment then PDF rather than .doc
    I could tell you a joke about UDP. But I'm not sure you would get it!

PDF are the most common used attachments in businesses. Although I do not like it that much either, but you just have to download it off your email and you can store it in an archive for easier future references.

Businesses prefer PDFs because a lot of received documents are sent to printer. So if you sell something to companies, you must provide an option to get bills in PDF, so admin will print it and bring to accounting department to pay. The same regarding other documents to be printed or kept for the records.

I like PDF's if I'm going to print it, else I would rather have it in plain text.

I use Mail (Mac) and that makes it very easy to handle PDF attachments so I don't mind. I also have my mail pushed to my Treo which uses ChatterEmail rather than VersaMail. It's all good over here. Send whatever.

Personally, I love PDF, its a great format in my eyes.

However, when you take others into account I think that you should provide the PDF attached (although of a small file size, thus well compressed) and provide a text outline of the content contained in the PDF.

You need to assume that people will read the email first, then the attachment, so provide a full outline in the email, then you can put your logo, address and what have you on the PDF as this will likely be printed (especially as the OP said in a corporate environment).

Nick

I like the summary in Plain Text in the email and a PDF File for a Detailed Invoice. I always like to keep them as a record.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Not a big fan of pdf documents. I hate reading a pdf file.

Not to fond of it but sometimes I do. When there's like applications or anything along the lines of that I'll prefer to use .PDF.