How to Supply a domain to customers?

I need to know how i can provide this service to my customers. The only way i know of at the moment is becoming a domain resller through e..g Enom. Is there any other ways to supply a domain to customers?Like manually going to a provider a registering the customers desired domain? information needed.

Thanx

xxen, I believe that Enom do provide a pannel to resellers with tons of tips how to provide domain name registration from your web site. Ask directly registrars you are interested in reselling from
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by xxen View Post
    I need to know how i can provide this service to my customers. The only way i know of at the moment is becoming a domain resller through e..g Enom. Is there any other ways to supply a domain to customers?Like manually going to a provider a registering the customers desired domain? information needed.

Thanx
    Please do not ever register domains manually for a customer. It is important for the customer to register their own domain under their own name. If you have a good API or a reseller account then that works great, so long as the customers have some way to log in and manage their name. Otherwise, it can really damage the credibility of the web hosting industry in general when a customer wants to switch hosts and they can't figure out how to get control of their domain name.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

I would say that most web hosting billing software will have the buult in domain management functions with the ability to interface with many domain resellers.

For example... WHMCS... http://whmcs.com/supportedmodules.php - see at the bottom of this page all of the domain resellers the software supports out of the box

Quote Originally Posted by everity View Post
    Please do not ever register domains manually for a customer. It is important for the customer to register their own domain under their own name. If you have a good API or a reseller account then that works great, so long as the customers have some way to log in and manage their name. Otherwise, it can really damage the credibility of the web hosting industry in general when a customer wants to switch hosts and they can't figure out how to get control of their domain name.
    I second this opinion...

I highly recommend eNom / ResellerClub!

You will be able to setup an account for client and then you will be able to add funds / register domains from their account once you've recieved the payment from your client
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

WHMCS works great with the plugin for registering domains for clients when they sign up for a hosting package . You cant beat it.
    Amd-Communications - Affordable and Powerful Web Hosting Services www.amd-comms.co.uk
    Toll Free: 0800 043 2336 E-mail: sales[at]amd-comms.co.uk Shared Hosting - Reseller hosting - VPS Servers - Fresh IT Solutions

What plugins do you mean?

Its not a plugin as such - its a built in feature of WHMCS.

I too vote for WHMCS. I have used it and is easy to manage.

Any way, you will need a billing system to manage billing, and so it will be worth to look at WHMCS.

Unless you are going to make a great deal of profit I wouldn't bother with it. $2/ isn't worth the headaches when they go to move and they are locked up in your account.

Quote Originally Posted by phatchamp View Post
    Unless you are going to make a great deal of profit I wouldn't bother with it. $2/ isn't worth the headaches when they go to move and they are locked up in your account.
    Good point, though customers may often be looking to get the whole bundle - domain and hosting. Then again... some won't be looking for that. I guess it depends who your service is aimed at..

Slightly off topic but how would you become a true domain registrar and not a reseller? You would most likely have to have a lot of money and pay ICANN correct? Just wondering really...

To become a domain registrar you do need to go through ICANN and eventually set up an account and have the money on deposit to cover a set amount of domains you exepct to register in a certain amount of time.

So, if their term was one year, and you expected to register 100 domains per month, you'd have to depost 1200x$7(circa)...so over 8 grand. There is also a bit more to the process, but that is the general idea of how to figure out how much money you need as far as I recall.

I don't think they register people who want to file 4 domains per month....I think I posted about this in another thread a while ago.

Thanks for replying, I was just curious.

you can be a domain reseller & easily sell domains.