Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    140

    The best way to register users?

    Which wil be the best for users interms of speed and ease of setup? For webhosting packages

    Also please detail or give a link to information on how configure the best setup you have in mind?
    Last edited by xxen; 02-24-2008 at 09:09 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,200
    Register users for what?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    140
    o sorry lol should mention that haha.i edited it now

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Ferenginar
    Posts
    4,156
    I read your edit but I'm still confused what you are asking/trying to accomplish?

    Are you going to sell web hosting services?

    Are you selling a product?

    Are you trying to get users for a forum?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by RossMAN View Post
    I read your edit but I'm still confused what you are asking/trying to accomplish?

    Are you going to sell web hosting services?

    Are you selling a product?

    Are you trying to get users for a forum?
    Well obviously web hosting packages, he states it in the original post.

    xxen it depends on your target market. Do you have specs in mind, like windows or linux? vps, reseller, dedicated? whats your budget?
    Last edited by bear; 02-25-2008 at 12:50 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    140
    At the moment it would just be shared server hosting, from there it will grow. I am just thinking what is the best way fpr users to sign up and accept paymment and how i should be setting this up. I have alreeady configured my server and products in WHMCS. Now i could use WHMCS product cart they give you but i think i would rather createa from for users to fill in, but from there i dont know how to send that information from the form to start the payment processes etc. I hope that explains it a little better.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    71
    I thought WHMCS did all of what you want to do.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    140
    from what i have learned WHMCS gives you a link to a cart made by WHMCS then users have to fill that out, but i wanted like a seperate form in which users submit their information and WHMCS would tkae over and do the transactions, at the moment i have configured WHMCS to give the customer their webspace as soon as they send their first payment. But i am still fuzzy on how to do this.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    71
    Are you worried about branding? I think WHMCS has an unbranded license option too.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by filethis View Post
    Are you worried about branding? I think WHMCS has an unbranded license option too.
    Is branding importnat?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    71
    Thats a question for you, my man.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    State of Disbelief
    Posts
    22,948
    Moved to hosting software, since I *think* that's what's being discussed.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by xxen View Post
    from what i have learned WHMCS gives you a link to a cart made by WHMCS then users have to fill that out, but i wanted like a seperate form in which users submit their information and WHMCS would tkae over and do the transactions, at the moment i have configured WHMCS to give the customer their webspace as soon as they send their first payment. But i am still fuzzy on how to do this.
    Yes, it is entirely possible to code your own order form, but if you want to use WHMCS (which I am assuming you do), you'll have to integrate your custom order form with WHMCS using the API.

    A lot of work...
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •