Angry Dont you get ...

Don't you get extremely angry when other hosting companies sign-up for your services just to get their hands on your custom CPanel skin and then use/sell it to their clients?

I would ...and i am.

And yes, i'm talking about so called 'hosts with a good reputation' on this forum, which i won't name.
    Marc Wyss - [email protected]
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

Well, why don't you tell us? Why else would you post here?

Anyways, isn't it in your TOS that it can only be used on McHost servers? Just wondering...
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

Originally posted by dhabets
    Well, why don't you tell us? Why else would you post here?
    I notified the host a little while ago ...hopefully they'll remove it and we can forget about it. Sorry, just had to get that out.

Originally posted by Kiwi

Sorry, just had to get that out.
    Allright I know how it is.... but I'm sure your TOS limits the use to McHost servers only, right?
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

They must love you Marc, first they steal your website, then they steal your Cpanel skin.

I think you should name and shame the hosts though.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

Originally posted by dhabets

Allright I know how it is.... but I'm sure your TOS limits the use to McHost servers only, right?
    The general TOS does not, however the readme and TOS in the .zip file do (maybe it wasn't noticed or ignored, i don't know). In any way, i think its clear that 'using' other companies' work is not acceptable.

I won't be the one bashing competitors, so i won't mention the name for now if it gets removed and we can forget about it.

by the way, this was my post #2000.

Well surely taking MCHost's theme is just the same as taking Marc's site design every couple of weeks (kidding ) it's copyrighted by MCHost, whether it says in the TOS or not. Marc made it, so it's his work, however you want to put it, theme, site design, whatever. Copyrighted material.
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Originally posted by rochen
    it's copyrighted by MCHost, whether it says in the TOS or not. Marc made it, so it's his work, however you want to put it, theme, site design, whatever. Copyrighted material.
    Not quite true.... we had a problem with some software being 'leaked out' and there were no copyright notices in the software... NOR a terms of use... that in effect caused us to have no way to enforce our copyright... hope I make sense...

I'd like to announce a new hosting company. RCHost. To save time and effort just go to MCHost, look at the site, then send me the order.

Only 2000 posts?

Originally posted by pgrote
    I'd like to announce a new hosting company. RCHost. To save time and effort just go to MCHost, look at the site, then send me the order.

Only 2000 posts?
    Heh I'm starting BK-Host... home of the whopper $1 reseller accounts...

erh... forget it ... I need coffee!

Don't you get extremely angry when other hosting companies sign-up for your services just to get their hands on your custom CPanel skin and then use/sell it to their clients?
    Hate it even worse when you have a custom control panel (core code/skin the whole works) and the control panel vendors and/or other hosts sign up to steal ideas from that
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

Re: Dont you get ...

Originally posted by Kiwi

I would ...and i am.

And yes, i'm talking about so called 'hosts with a good reputation' on this forum, which i won't name.
    Name them Marc. Anyone who does this sort of thing needs and deserves to be named in public. It's their reward.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!