best host for a person wanting to use a lot of bandwidth?

I am looking for a host that will allow me to use, at the very minimum, 5,000GB of bandwidth while only using ~1.5GB of disk space. My budget is about $15 /mo. Can anyone recommend me a reputable web host for my requirements?

If you are looking for a host like that you will either have bad service or you site will be suspended most of the time. Mass over sellers suspend accounts that use more than X% of the servers resources. My opinion would be to get a dedicated server that is unmetered for a site that will be using that many resources.

Quote Originally Posted by nsm2i View Post
    If you are looking for a host like that you will either have bad service or you site will be suspended most of the time. Mass over sellers suspend accounts that use more than X% of the servers resources. My opinion would be to get a dedicated server that is unmetered for a site that will be using that many resources.
    Yeah, I'd have to agree with that. The amount of bandwidth you are going to use, I would really recommend a dedicated server. Although you're not going to find any within your $15/Month budget I'm afraid.

I've heard of people pushing 500gbs with dreamhost. I don't know about 5 thousand though.

Quote Originally Posted by l4ulwtlln View Post
    I am looking for a host that will allow me to use, at the very minimum, 5,000GB of bandwidth while only using ~1.5GB of disk space. My budget is about $15 /mo. Can anyone recommend me a reputable web host for my requirements?
    Even my unmetered server can only do max of 3.3 TB and it still costs me more than $100/month for sure .So for your budget you are probably gonaa either .
    a. End up hosting with extreme overselling host (which will eventually burn ur site )
    b. End up giving the idea of running such a website.
    c. End up hosting it on your machine, and soon your ISP giving you a call and terminating your services.

In the end good luck mate you definitely need it for $15/month

$15 a month? Sorry that is unrealistic.

Get a cheap server and sign up with a host with unmetered. Just find a good provider and it MIGHT be under $100 if you really look hard. Good luck.
    TWC, LLC - USA based w/ three teams behind us!
    We will beat any web development or design quote

http://totalwebcentral.com/

http://www.surftown.eu do offer 5000GB of bandwidth, however as other in this thread mentions, a dedicated server may be the way to go...
    Free imagehosting - no signup needed: http://imageshack.dk

As others have pointed out, those specs are totally unrealistic @ $15 per month. Many entry level dedicated servers don't offer any where near that bandwidth. I would expect you'd pay $150 plus a month for reliable dedicated hosting.
    EZHostz.Biz (Established in 2003) a DotJunction.Com Company.
    EZHostz.Biz <-> Reseller Info Domain Name Sales, WebHosting, Email Only Hosting, & Much More.
    Providers of Directi & Enom Reseller Accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kjærsgård View Post
    http://www.surftown.eu do offer 5000GB of bandwidth, however as other in this thread mentions, a dedicated server may be the way to go...

I've seen over selling all over, but this site is just too funny...
    EZHostz.Biz <-> Reseller Info Domain Name Sales, WebHosting, Email Only Hosting, & Much More.

Hostgator offers it for 8 dollars a month. Hostgator is a quality host with a great rep, they shouldnt let you down.

In my opinion, you are expecting too much for too little
    Web Hosting is not a business for me, it's a hobby!

Though hostgator is good, I don't think they will allow your 5000 GB BW.

It's too much for any shared plan, if you true want that much BW, I think the only way is raise your budget and go with a dedicated server.

I agree, just get multiple oversellers.

Quote Originally Posted by brilliantfusion View Post
    Hostgator offers it for 8 dollars a month. Hostgator is a quality host with a great rep, they shouldnt let you down.

In my opinion, you are expecting too much for too little
    And their best dedicated server @ $374 a month only offers 2500gb

And their best dedicated server @ $374 a month only offers 2500gb
    The main difference is that you're alone on that server, able to use its full computing capacity, as opposed to sharing the server with 200+ users.

Very few sites can push TBs of data transfer without creating trouble in a shared hosting environment. That's the tough reality of things (for those who need high amounts of data transfer). Online success comes at a cost.

If 5TB is your minimum, then you're out of luck. I did testdrive servage.net and was able to keep it at 100GB/day without any problems with the account, but if you need that much I recommend you go with a dedicated provider - like uk2.net or rapidswitch.com that offer 10TB. Don't expect to keep that budget of yours for 5TB+
    -Mr Bister

What is the daily max. allowed bandwidth under TOS with Servage?
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: NetworkPanda.

Quote Originally Posted by EncoderZ View Post
    What is the daily max. allowed bandwidth under TOS with Servage?
    I haven't seen any info regarding a daily limit, just that I wasn't able to use more than 90-120GB per day. The number of hits is limited to 400K per day.
    Edit: found info: "Customers are able to use 167 Gb daily totaling 5010 Gb in a normal 30 day month. A 28 day month provides 4676 Gb transfer and a 31 day month will allow a total of 5177 Gb transfer."
    Last edited by mrbister; 02-25-2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: found info
    -Mr Bister

So what's 90 -120 GiB per day if it isn't a daily limit

As far as I recall it's the monthly bandwidth divided by days in the month equals the daily limit!
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥

Sorry about my bad grammar / english, what I meant was that these numbers were the limit of my connection, not servage.
    -Mr Bister

Sorry mrbister I understand now - thanks for the clarification

My grammar / English isn't much better sometimes
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥

Then would be a good idea? Create several accounts and limit each to about 1000 to 2000 GB ? If so, who would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by l4ulwtlln View Post
    (...) 5,000GB of bandwidth while only using ~1.5GB of disk space. My budget is about $15 /mo. (...)
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com & SolusVM.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net