View Poll Results: How many broken bones have you had?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

42 54.55%
  • One

16 20.78%
  • Two

4 5.19%
  • Three

4 5.19%
  • Four

0 0%
  • Five or MORE

11 14.29%

* That has GOT to hurt!

I was just thinking -- I'm 40 years old and I've never suffered a broken bone in my life, not even a minor fracture (that I know of). I don't know if that's usual or unusual. Just about everyone I know has had a broken bone at some point.

So how about taking part in this poll. How many broken bones have you suffered? Vote above!

ALSO: Any interesting broken bone stories? Share!
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

I don't count breaking my toes...

But, I did have a minor fracture and spur on my neck.

I have broken toes three times. Two while playing with my kids. Another I broke the day before I left for Basic Training in the Army, that sucked.

I have also broken ribs, several times. Mostly in my younger days, but again just a couple weeks ago playing with my oldest son.... ouch. Every time ya cough or sneeze it reminds you, and anytime you try to sit up.

I have never broken any major bones, nor any stitches. Very fortunate.... so far.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

I broke more bones when I was younger. It was a fairly common experience for me. It wasn't until about 10 years ago that I learned how 'not' to keep breaking things.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I used to tell anybody who would listen that I'd never broken any bones. This was up until I was about 14. Jinxed myself bigtime. I'd advise you to go and knock on the BIGGEST piece of wood that you can- as soon as possible. I'm 30 now and have broken:

Both legs, compound and ugly.
    Left ankle (twice)
    Right ankle (once)
    All of my toes
    My right foot
    Couple of fingers

Motorcycles and quads did a pretty decent number on me between the time I was 14-19 years old. A drunk driver that was going 70mph and rammed into a car that my buddies and I were in took care of the rest.

Owwwwwwww.......
    Applimetrix Web Systems
    Serious Hosting Solutions
    http://www.applimetrix.com/

I'm 33 and have only broken my thumb....but speaking of motorcycles my father crashed his 2003 Anniversary Harley last weekend. Right now he is laid up with compound fractures in both of his legs.

I broke my pinky toe a couple years back... that's about it.

No broken bones here. A few minor accidents when I was younger but I'm fairly solid and nothing was damaged

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    http://shaun.net

My broken bone story. Its stupid but hey when your in High School you do stupid things.

I was on the school bus...was probably 10th grade and someone started crap with me so I turned around and punched him about 10-15 times in the face. I split my right hand pinky knuckle in half.

That sucked
    When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at
    you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".
    -- Linus Torvalds

I guess that's when you were given the nickname

oh let's see here. 5th grade, broke my right arm after I did something that I'm not gonna say. Had something to do with shoe laces. 8th grade, I got hit the head with a baseball which broke my nose, jaw and orbital bone. And then 10th grade during the soccer I broke my left middle finger when someone threw the soccer ball to me when I was doing a throw in. And then during the season some moron couldn't hear me when I said I had the person (On defense) and he plowed into me breaking my right thumb, which is still bothering me. Seems everytime I have to push real hard, or something that requires a lot of force it begins to hurt like hell.

I have to say I've broken more than 5 bones.

Broke my ankle in high school (in high school, during a basketball game, I was going up for the rebound, and someone knocked me just the right way, so I landed wrong on my ankle - broke 3 bones in my ankle.

I have broken several fingers, basketball... and my parent's folding up push mower's handle folded up on two of my fingers when I was folding it up to put it away. That was fun and tastey looking.

I broke my wrist in basketball as well, was fouled and landed and my hand was twisted, and broke a couple a couple bones in my wrist.

I'm a walking broken wreck!

I have a fractured scull that! hurt, playing football got tackled on the cerment

Broke my collarbone wrestling and then sat in the ER waiting room for 6 hours. If you ever break your collarbone, the fun begins when you try to dress yourself the day after
    i beat the internet. the end guy is hard

High school is a dangerous time...

Broke my foot, ironically during a "cast party" following a summer recreation play I helped with.

Some guy decided to chase me around the house while waving a condom he found in his parent's room at me. Two sets of stairways on opposite sides of the house. So, run through the house, up the stairs, through the upstairs area, back down the other set of stairs, through the house again, up the stairs again, repeat a few times. Probably the 4th or 5th time up the stairs my foot decided to fold up under me or something. I landed on it sideways and broke it anyway. It was like a week before my senior year of high school started. Carrying books at the same time you are on crutches is not a lot of fun. (At least he said sorry - after he figured out I was really hurt.)

I've had all ten of my fingers broken (some multiple times), two broken ribs, and both wrists broken... The stories behind the broken bones are depressing until you get to the part where I finally dump the abuser

Ironically I thought that once I left him my poor bones would be safe but..... I broke two fingers moving my stuff out! (my fault that time lol) Go figure! At any rate... ever since that move I've been doing great

What I remember most about the breaks is the -POP- you hear when it happens... ugh... that sound just sticks with a person...

I have three kids, two girls (11 & 12) and a boy (14), and I'm shocked not a one of them has broken anything ---- yet.

/me runs to go knock on that wood!
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

I've broken several bones..

I cracked my chin once when I fell of a boat (It was parked on our driveway...Cement...Painful)

A lamp fell on my head when I was 2

I cut open my head from a piece of metal when I fell on it (The back)

...Of course this didn't LeAD 2 ANEEE bRAEN DMG !!!1111

...Of course this didn't LeAD 2 ANEEE bRAEN DMG !!!1111
    You sure?

Very

Originally posted by TrueBart
    Very
    You very very sure?

Stop spamming

lol that aint spam or is it...

None here.

Had my nose broken numerous times when i was a little younger - boxing. Arms and elbow during my motorcross years. But mostly my ankles as I am a quite a heavy bloke. Ahhhhhh it goes through me with my ankes, just thinking aboout it.

James

never broken a bone, or even had a stitch yet. Knock on wood *taps head*.

I've come close a few times from tripping, or riding bicycles, to almost driving off a freeway at around 80 miles an hour (twice in one day), but as only the good die young I seem fated to live to a crusty old age

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Lets see. I've broken my collarbone about 6 times. One was when I was younger and i fell off my bunkbed. Another was playing football in the house, another was falling off a junglejim, and the other two were from hockey. I've also broken my nose by getting hit by the paint support thingy on a ladder.

None at 42 even after taking 4 years of Tae Kwon Do.
    The member formerly known as Enigmatics
    Teh Harem

Some people can be very accpetable to breaking, i know one girl who seemed to break at the slightest bump. Then theres likes of me who came off a push bike at 25mph(not that fast but still enough to break bones) without only a few grases and sprained wrist.

In my 27 years I have not had any broken bones. Lucky is how I describe it due to the many times that I should have when I was younger.

Anyone ever see the movie "Unbreakable"? Excellent movie but I think life wouldn't be worth living if you were in Samuel L. Jackson's characters shoes. Ouch!!!
    Mark Blair

1984, 20 years old, drunk, fell out the back of a friend's Blazer at approximately 40mph late one night. Road rash head to toe, and a broken collar bone.

It took several minutes for them to realize I wasn't back there anymore before they came back for me.

-Bob

I played football back in High School... Broke MANY bones. Those were the days

Re: That has GOT to hurt!

Originally posted by hostpath.com
    So how about taking part in this poll. How many broken bones have you suffered? Vote above!
    None. And I don't think I'd want any, either, even if it'll net a good story.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

When I was about 1, my dad thrw me up in the air, sort of caught me, didn't slow me down enough, and I broke my leg. Ouch.
    Cube X Hosting
    www.CXHosting.com
    AIM: CubeXH, Yahoo: CubeXH

I consider myself lucky. I have never broken a single bone in my body. Why Lucky? because I race dirt bikes, I downhill mountain bike, I ski (I'm a certified instructor) and snowboard as well as practice martial arts and play rugby. I've suffered my share of bumps bruises and abrasions, but no breaks.

The worst thing I have done is dislocate my right shoulder (twice)

The first time it happened I was about 30Km from the nearest main road, and the second time I got to ride in an ambulance, and was administered laughing gas. It was a blast, and the ambulance attendant was hot (a female attendant) They really doped me up in the hospital. I did my shoulder in both times at a motorcycle race.

thre is a whole long story about my experience in the X-Ray room with a totally incompetent orderly.

The nice thing about Canada is that it doesn't cost a lot of money to go to the hospital or physiotherapy.

Originally posted by WoodShedd
    thre is a whole long story about my experience in the X-Ray room with a totally incompetent orderly.
    Uncle Shed, tell us a story!
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct