web hosting options

Hi Huys I am new to this forum, and I am from the Uk. My question is.... I have 3 separate companies one of which has a web presence, I am currently having 2 more websites built for the other 2 companies.....what are my options for hosting all 3 under the same umberella...with the option for a max of 3 more possible websites to follow.

cheers

What are your requirements as far as disk space and bandwidth?

Do you have a budget in mind?

If you're after hosting in the UK, unitedhosting.co.uk have had some good reviews.

I have a similar situation to you. For my UK sites, I'm currently hosting them under one single hosting account. If your current web hosting company allows multi-domain hosting this will allow you to create multiple websites under the one package (each with their own FTP, emails etc).

The other option would be to look at a reseller account, this will allow you to create multiple websites but it tends to be a little more expensive than a shared hosting account. With a reseller account you have more scope to set the number of email accounts, bandwidth and disk space each site has.

I would stick with the best company in your opinion and create a decent reseller plan with them. Start at a shared level and if you need more resources for your site you could always upgrde to a VPS in the future. But your best bet would be a cost-effective reseller package.

Quote Originally Posted by reddevil58 View Post
    Hi Huys I am new to this forum, and I am from the Uk. My question is.... I have 3 separate companies one of which has a web presence, I am currently having 2 more websites built for the other 2 companies.....what are my options for hosting all 3 under the same umberella...with the option for a max of 3 more possible websites to follow.

cheers
    Many hosting companies allow you to have more as one domain under one account, if you however like to separate them and make it easy to move them separately, you could look at a reseller account, that way you are able to setup your own hosting accounts completely with customer configuration panel.
    » cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    »
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Many companies out there offer multi-domains, but its just a case of finding one thats stable and that meets all your needs, check the ads forum and search for reviews on who you wish you host with.

Another thing to remember is not keeping all your eggs in one basket. Say there is a problem with the server that your sites are hosted on , thats 3 or more of your sites that you and anyone else wont be able to access untill the issue has been fixed. Which in turn may loose your business money. Maybe spread them out across a few reputable hosts to be safe.

Just my 2 cents
    Amd-Communications - Affordable and Powerful Web Hosting Services www.amd-comms.co.uk
    Toll Free: 0800 043 2336 E-mail: sales[at]amd-comms.co.uk Shared Hosting - Reseller hosting - VPS Servers - Fresh IT Solutions

Greetings Reddevil

You should be fine finding one host to serve all 3 of your sites. It would be easier to keep them all in one account.
    :: iMountain.com Solar Powered Hosting - Same location for 20 years
    :: Clustered, HSphere, Webhosting, VPS, Dedicated and Luxury clusters
    :: Specializing in Database clustering and optimization for vBulletin, Joomla and Wordpress sites.

Most host's will allow you to create multiple domains under one account, you can add them as "add-on domains".
    || Host3 UK Web Hosting
    || cPanel Web Hosting