hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Jodohost ...

Forum Jump

Jodohost ...

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 06:33 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Jodohost ...

I was reading about all these hosts in the Windows world, and they're so damn different than the linux ones, I dunno why.

Jodohost came across to me as frivolous, and I just overlooked it, until people were saying some good things about it.

It was so refreshing to see an actual human being on their page. In fact, they even honestly tell exactly where they business is, where it's hosted, etc (India), which exactly doesn't evoke great notions (at least in the US) when it comes to service, etc.

Anyway, I'm SO glad to see the honesty, I'm going to give them a whirl.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2008, 11:38 AM
WHT Addict

They are not professionals. I suggest that you stay away:

Quote:
Chat Transcript
info: Please wait for a site operator to respond. You are currently in queue and if this is a support query, you may have to wait for up to 15 minutes depending on support load. If this is a non-urgent support query, we STRONGLY recommend you open a ticket (if you haven't already done so)
info: You are now chatting with 'arijeet'
arijeet: Welcome to JodoHost Live Chat. How may I help you?
Essam: Hello
Essam: I'm interested in your windows reseller plans and I have 3 questions
Essam: 1. Will I have my own nameservers?
Essam: 2. What control panel I'll be able to provide to my customers?
Essam: 3. You're saying overselling is allowed. Can I have 500GB plans?
arijeet: You will get your own name servers
arijeet: All your clients including you will get its own Control Panel
arijeet: Buy 500GB do you mean Disk Space or Monthly Transfer
arijeet: ?
Essam: Disk Space
arijeet: You will get 32GB of disk space for our reseller paln
Essam: can i see a demo of the control panel?
Essam: man, some companies have faster email support than you live sales chat!!!!!!!!!!!!!
info: Chat session has ended.
They have end the chat session, not me. Immediately after telling them they are slow. And that is what supposed to be the sales dept. Imagine if you ever need support!!!

Old 02-24-2008, 11:40 AM
WHT Addict

EEssam, how long were you talking to that sales guy?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2008, 11:42 AM
WHT Addict

About 1 hour.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Owner of the net for a day

We don't do custom plans, the person you were speaking with was trying to conform this with someone else before coming back to you.

If you offer 500GB on your end user plans, it we would not recommend it nor support it, we have a 33% policy in which on reseller plans no account can take more than 33% of the total plan bandwidth/disk space.
This is all on our website as well.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:49 AM
WHT Addict

ًNot interested in your services anymore after your staff impolitely ended the chat session.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEssam View Post
ًNot interested in your services anymore after your staff impolitely ended the chat session.
Those kind of things can happen to anyone and it doesn't necessarily have to be done on purpose.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
About 1 hour.
Sorry, but you are a bit off:

General Chat Info
Chat start time 19:12:20 02/21/2008
Chat end time 19:47:08 02/21/2008
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:33:43

In addition there was some delay in your answers and in fact the session just disconnected, it was not operator initiated. LivePerson sometimes does this to Firefox users, we have reported it 3 times and issued follow up requests to them to get it resolve but it has been ongoing.

Here is the last line of the chat log:
Essam: can i see a demo of the control panel?
[19:45:31]
Essam: man, some compagnies have faster email support than you live sales chat!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[19:47:08]
info: Chat session has ended.

It would if operator ended have this in the log. Although there was some delay on your 500GB question, it was not extreme, and the disconnect was not our side, but LivePerson.

Sorry for the problem you had in this matter. In fact we have in the past asked customers to open IE for chat if they have continued problems with this at times when we are aiding them.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:13 PM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Stephen) View Post
In addition there was some delay in your answers
That is just not true. Publicly lying to cover up your mistakes make the situation worse.

Also, it's unbelievable to have the chat session ended for "technical reasons" just after 2 seconds from my last comment while your system was correctly functioning for 33 minutes (as you claim).

Old 02-24-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
That is just not true. Publicly lying to cover up your mistakes make the situation worse.

Also, it's unbelievable to have the chat session ended for "technical reasons" just after 2 seconds from my last comment while your system was correctly functioning for 33 minutes (as you claim).
I am not lying at all, your chat session was not ended by us, it just disconnected.

We have had many problems with LivePerson in the last days since they had an unplanned outage for their entire system, even their own chat was down. We are working with them to get this situation under control if possible or will be seeking another chat solution; which is a sad thing to say as LivePerson at one point was the premier chat solution.

Edit: I believe your questions have been answered, we allow overselling, it is stated such on our site, but if you sell and a client attempted to use 500GB there would be massive charges hsphere would make to your billing method and it is not recommended as it is far outside of our 33% policy. Again I am sorry for your chat experience it was not intentionally done and you can simply reopen if you need. Sales and support have multiple means of communications including email chat and phone, we are not hiding from you or not answering you.

On our reseller plans page FAQ it has:

FAQ: Is Overselling Allowed?
Yes. What this means is that you can sell more space and bandwith to your clients than allocated to you in your reseller Plan. Only the actual space used by you or your clients is counted by us.

and at the very bottom we have notes for various issues including this:
6) Disk Space and Bandwidth are based on Usage. That means that you can sell more disk space to your clients that actually provided in your plan as long as the actual disk space used by your all clients is less than what is allotted to you. If your total client's disk space usage exceeds the amount allocated in your current reseller plan, you can easily upgrade to the next plan. Although JodoHost doesn't encourage this sort of overselling, it can be used to boost profits if done in reasonable limits.

I believe that answers all you would like to know.

Last edited by (Stephen); 02-24-2008 at 12:35 PM.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted