Canadian(Ontario) Merchant Accounts

Hello,

I'm openning my hosting/designing company soon, and I'm planning on allowing my clients to pay me via Internet. So which Canadian Merchant Accounts company would you suggest me to register with?

Also, if possible to have something that could work with WHMCS.

I've already search on the board, but I'm curious to know as of year 2008.

Warm Regards,
    Pat
    Last edited by webadpro; 02-23-2008 at 07:36 PM.

Canadian processing is not as complex as international processing. There are five major banks and 3 payment processors, which are Paymentech, Nova and First Data.
    If you are a start-up and would like compatibility with WHMCS, you may want to start with PayPal or 2CO and build processing history.
    ACS in Motion Inc.
    Project Development and Risk Management
    www.PaymentGuide.Org | www.ACSinMotion.com
    Tel: (514) 739-6444 Toll Free: (877) 730-6444

I would like to jump in and build a little bit on what Alex said. To paint the Canadian industry as giving the merchant no options is not quite accurate.

There are not as many payment processing options in Canada as there are south of the border, but there are definitely options available to Canadian merchants.

A bit of googling for merchant accounts or online card processing in Canada will turn up a range of options to choose from.
    David Goodale
    Merchant Accounts.ca
    Canada's merchant account provider.
    Toll free: (888) 414-7111 ext. 5 | Direct: (905) 901-2254

I would suggest you check out www.internetsecure.com -- they are Canadian, been around a long time and very popular.

InternetSecure seems to be quite good, although does anyone know if it works with WHMCS?

Thanks Everyone for helping me out.

checked Merchant-Accounts.ca and they force you to pay for application fees now without knowing anything about the conditions offered with the merchant account, no contract viewing, nothing except the fees. It looks like they want to charge you first (even if they say they will refund you if you are not accepted) to hold you as client. Doesn't sound reasonable for me

Hoost - in terms of the terms and conditions, they are actually on the application form and must be read and agreed to before proceeding to the payment screen.

Your confusion is understandable, the online part of the application is 3 steps. The T&C are at the second step, and the payment is at the 3rd step.
    David Goodale
    Merchant Accounts.ca
    Canada's merchant account provider.
    Toll free: (888) 414-7111 ext. 5 | Direct: (905) 901-2254

I've used internetsecure for 3 years now, no problems, no issues, payments like clockwork and good support.
    http://www.wpdirectorypro.com is a premium plugin to make a directory using WordPress
    http://www.pocketbikeforum.com racing, mods, sales, and general discussion of pocket bikes

Internetsecure is great -- note that it doesn't work with the latest versions of WHMCS though. Psigate is another option although their creditors / providers seem to be a lot more strict (which could be a good thing, I suppose).

I'm using the former.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

If you're just getting started, I'd consider solutions like internetsecure or 2CO. Best to ask them directly if they can integrate with WHMCS. Once you've got some processing history under your belt you can get in touch with Optimal Payments out of Montreal.. they have an excellent gateway that I've used since 2003. Great company.
    Pioneer Payments | high risk merchant accounts
    Processing credit card, electronic checks, and alternative payments
    EU & offshore incorporations and bank accounts

Give PSIGate a go as they offer both CDN/US or CDN only processing.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

Quote Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
    Give PSIGate a go as they offer both CDN/US or CDN only processing.
    So does internetsecure, with no setup fee & extremely competitive rates.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.