ScanAlert's HackerSafe - Not so safe?

This article is a few weeks old but figure might interest some of you. Published first on xssed.com and picked up by a few more people.

ScanAlert's "Hacker Safe" badge not so safe and PCI compliant

An Open Letter to Ken Leonard, CEO, ScanAlert

That open letter is 100% correct. Nothing accessible from the Internet is hacker safe.

Quote Originally Posted by page-zone View Post
    That open letter is 100% correct. Nothing accessible from the Internet is hacker safe.
    Well you are correct, but these service provide a good level of safety. Preventing to certain extent is better than curing it. When you go for such products, you prevent certain attacks and don't need to worry on them.

Nothing is safe in this world.

page-zone is correct, if you can access something from the internet, its not hacker safe. There are many hackers out there who have the ability to hack any account they please. (wow i said hack over 3 times).

I don't know much about those hacker safe graphics. Are they pulled from a central location or do you upload your own image? Just wondering, because I can envision a right embarassing situation someday :>)

Quote Originally Posted by page-zone View Post
    I don't know much about those hacker safe graphics. Are they pulled from a central location or do you upload your own image? Just wondering, because I can envision a right embarassing situation someday :>)
    My PC does not have a antivirus or a firewall, though i can say its not so easy to hack my PC at the same time i can assure that a PC with norton or Mcafee is hackable. These things make your PC a little bit secure, but not fully secure.

I think we need to read out their TOS before attempting to speak about their service. That would make much sense to this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    Nothing is safe in this world.
    That 100% true
    WHMCS Services - sales (at) whmcsservices.com
    WHMCS Development | WHMCS Addons / Modules

It was hacked a while ago by a private group.

nothing is safe.
    DigitalGoods.info
    FREE Shared, Mega Resellers + Dedicated Servers

WHT is un-hackable.

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

If it's unhackable, then there's no need for any further security updates.

It's called HackerSafe not HackerProof. A certain type of car can be safe but it's not accident proof.
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

Quote Originally Posted by thomase View Post
    It's called HackerSafe not HackerProof. A certain type of car can be safe but it's not accident proof.
    Im sorry but I disagree. There is a big difference between my WRX STi and a server sitting safe in a datacenter.

" HackerSafe " is just a wonnabe certification biz out there, like any other business trying to make money. Of couse they are hackable, they are plugged into the internet.

If your box is connected to another computer, you can be comprimised no matter what you think, hear, speak or yell.
    DigitalGoods.info
    FREE Shared, Mega Resellers + Dedicated Servers