Exclamation Need a new shared host.

I have around $30-40 a month to spend on hosting. (only paypal and only monthly installments)

I can't use Godaddy any more (due to their terrible '100 connections' at a time limit.

My site is becoming hugely popular (around 200,000 visits a day)

I simply can't go to dedicated or virtual (because im CLUELESS on how to set things up)

I need around 1000gb of bandwith and 10+ gb of webspace.

The site is heavy on mysql and this is my main disadvantage!

I can't use hostgator either.

I know this seems like a lot of restrictions, and I've been looking for a suitable host for AGES! (i regret to inform that i was also with startlogic *shudders*)

Any help, greatly appreciated!

I would suggest a VPS from servint for $50/month.

They can set everything up for you. Your vps would be managed

It looks pretty good, the only thing im dreading, is the huge host changing process.
    It's going to take FOREVER ._.

They'll do it for you.

I thnik that you would find a budget dedicated server. This will be the best option for you. Of course it will cost $70 - $90 a month ... something you would afford if you hvae highttraffic website. I understand that you don;t want to manage it so you'll need control panel and help from the provider. The other option is VPS. You can get a good one for $40/mo.

But don't go with shared host. You site seems to big for shared hosting!
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

I would say your best off with a dedicated server, possibly a managed one. So you don't need to worry about administering it. Although they can be expensive.
    MK Hosting - Reliable Affordable UK Hosting Since 2005
    www.mkhosting.co.uk
    Shared Hosting - Reseller hosting - Dedicated Servers - VPS - Colocation - IT Services

I will be able to afford a dedicated managed host soon.

My site makes around $600 a month through advertising.

Thing is, adsense wont cough up until April x.x

A larger VPS account or managed dedicated server would probably be best for your needs. With your own VPS/dedicated server you have full control over your environment, and can optimize software such as Apache/PHP/Mysql to fit your site's requirements. You won't have to worry about other customers on the same box occupying all of the resources as you would on a traditional shared hosting account.

You can also eliminate your downtime by properly handling the DNS aspect of your transfer. Switching over the MySQL server to your new host, while DNS changes can be very effective for strictly forum/blog/database driven websites.
    -M

Your 1000GB transfer and heavy MySQL usage really aren't compatible with any managed hosting solution in the $40 range.

Is the traffic mostly unregistered visitors? Perhaps you could set up a static cache to serve them the same content without hitting the database.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

40% of the visitors are registered.

And I really like the cache suggestion! Thanks foobic!

Quick question!

MANAGED VPS mean it's just like shared hosting GUI right?

I don't have to install PHP or anything?

The definition of managed can vary among providers. Get in touch with the one you're interested in, tell them how involved you want to be in the day to day run of the VPS, and ask if their "managed" service covers your needs. Try to find some feedback from customers on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by BenjiMoore View Post
    Quick question!

MANAGED VPS mean it's just like shared hosting GUI right?

I don't have to install PHP or anything?
    Get a managed vps or managed dedicated server with a control panel, there won't be a need to install anything to run your web site

If your web site is making $600 a month in advertising, I would suggest spending some of that on a decent web hosting provider which will help your web site grow and allow you to earn more. Hosting your web site on a cheap shared hosting company would only bring your web site down, decrease your monthly revenue and well nothing good can come out of hosting your big web site on a shared hosting server.

Hi BenjiMoore

You probably should stay away from shared hosting if you need that much bandwith. I don't think you can get a quality 1000GB a month transfer at $30-$40 a month. Semi-Dedicated may be a possible solution as the price is a little bit lower than dedicated and it's managed so you don't need to worry about learning Linux Admin.
    :: iMountain.com Solar Powered Hosting - Same location for 20 years
    :: Clustered, HSphere, Webhosting, VPS, Dedicated and Luxury clusters
    :: Specializing in Database clustering and optimization for vBulletin, Joomla and Wordpress sites.

Well I recently got a managed VPS from ZipServers, it'll take 24 hours to function, and I need to ask for Cpanel.

Everything should be okay! I hope :p

Thanks everyone for your help :]

Yeah with those specs you need a MINIMUM of VPS but you might even outgrow that pretty quickly.
    TWC, LLC - USA based w/ three teams behind us!
    We will beat any web development or design quote

http://totalwebcentral.com/

It's really quite daunting, starting off so small with shared hosting, then figuring out it can't stay that simple

VPS is a whole new playground, in both control and price

Quote Originally Posted by BenjiMoore View Post
    Well I recently got a managed VPS from ZipServers, it'll take 24 hours to function, and I need to ask for Cpanel.
    Congratulations! Which VPS plan did you sign up for?

Usually you select a control during during the checkout process, was that not an option or did you forget?

Did you check the VPS Hosting Offers forum? I hope you did because they're offering a FREE CONTROL PANEL

***FREE CONTROL PANEL - PLESK, CPANEL, DIRECT ADMIN***

Congs, VPS is the right solution, you can't expect so much reliable BW from a shared plan. And, with cPanel installed, the VPS is as easy usable as shared plan.

But, keep in mind, cPanel will consume you about 256M RAM, so get more than that to make everything function smoothly.

I'm also wonder Which VPS plan did you sign up for?
    And maybe is good after a couple days to post of everything run fine and do you have any RAM issue or other unexpected problems.