I'm looking for a INEXPENSIVE host that gives BASIC ssh/shell

Hi all,
    I'm looking for an inexpensive host that gives BASIC access to shell/ssh. I need this webhost located in the USA and looking for as inexpensive as possible, just going to use it for LITE email access (host 1 domain name and use squirrelmail/webmail) and secure tunnel (shell proxy through putty) web surfing, maybe a very small website lie 50-100 megs or something.

I already use TOR so please don't reply saying that's all I need, I am looking for something with a USA ip address, tor's ip's are totally random and most of them in foreign countries.

Thank you.

I am pretty sure that most USA hosts will provide you with those basic needs. But it depends on your price range.
    | ServerHub | an INC 500 Company | Enterprise Dedicated and Cloud Solutions Built for Scale |
    | AS62904: Dallas TX, Chicago IL, New York NY, Seattle WA, Phoenix AZ, Los Angeles CA, Miami FL | AS49532: Frankfurt DE, Amsterdam NL | sales@serverhub.com |

really? any that are pay per year, like $5-10 a year?

It really would depend on the actual host, but just remember you get what you pay for.
    | ServerHub | an INC 500 Company | Enterprise Dedicated and Cloud Solutions Built for Scale |
    | AS62904: Dallas TX, Chicago IL, New York NY, Seattle WA, Phoenix AZ, Los Angeles CA, Miami FL | AS49532: Frankfurt DE, Amsterdam NL | sales@serverhub.com |

Seems to be used for proxy hosting (if it read correctly), try searching for that, many hosting companies will not allow this. Of course there are some who do.

Just Check out the forums and you get a lot of hosts providing these basic features.

Do you mean proxy hosting with SSH for $10/year?

I don't think you can find a reliable one easily, you may need raise your budget. How about your BW requirement?

The OP already stated that they wish to use around 100MB through a SSH tunnel and just a small domain and email account. So im guessing hes not looking for more than 500MB/month.I think any host will be able to meet his space and bandwidth specs, I think the problem will be finding a host which will allow him to use SSH as a tunnel at such a low price.

I would recomed a low end VPS, however his budget is far to low for just one month of a VPS, let alone a year.

UnitedHosting off the top of my head. Just bought a UK shared hosting package with them and from their forums I'm sure SSH access is allowed. They offer US hosting so I'm pretty sure things will be the same there.

www.unitedhosting.com << their US site