Thumbs up LimestoneNetworks 1-Month Review

Hello All,

I have just started in on the second month with my new provider, limestonenetworks, and I wanted to give my opinion. This is a subsequent review to my initial one posted at:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ight=limestone

Things have remained extremely pleasing for me at limestone. I should confess that this is my first dedicated server after numerous VPSs and I am a bit of newbie at the management aspect. I also was not exactly sure of some of the configuration options I wanted/needed (such as RAID). Ryan and his crew have been exceptionally helpful in handling my support requests and have done them all in a very timely manner (<1day).

To start out with I needed some assistance with basic setup of ip addresses and some ohter technical issues and eventhough they are an unmanaged provider and are definitely not required to bind ip addresses, tweak mysql, and answer numerous other questions not related to the hardware itself they have. I have never been left wanting and someone has always been availible on live chat. Several times I have even chatted with their technicians who gave me a walkthrough of the solution. This has been an extremely valuable resource for me and I have been able to learn a lot. Much appreciated.

The server's hardware has always performed extremely well. The specs are amd 64 x2 6000, 4 gigs ram, 320 gig hdd x2 and 100mbps port. I have always been able to pull the maximum bw for my connection and have had excellent uptime. There was one issue with level 3 (I think it was Level3) but they added internap and solved the problem.

Granted my sites are very low resource but having had numerous other VPS machines I can rate the performance of the server, with the same setup, as excellent. My sites load and browse like lightening.

Not really much to expound on for this review just continued great support, prices, and hardware. Keep up the good work LSN!

My Site

Thanks for the review .

Keep up the good work @ LS guys!

(@ Ryan, Rock solid Lime for all your sticky needs )
    Last edited by Robert vd Boorn; 02-23-2008 at 03:00 PM.

I've had a server with Limestone Networks for just over a month now too, and I'm extremely happy with them. The server's connection is great (I host 2 game servers and a few small websites off it) and the live chat is always available when I need(ed) it. I only had one technical problem with the server, and Austin helped me resolve it (I was trying to recompile the kernel, it turned out I forgot to include the SATA drivers).

I feel like they care that I am their customer, unlike my previous host - Layeredtech - who I was with for far too long (over a year). They didn't care about me at all and ended up lying to me before I left them. The email and phone calls were quite hilarious, but that's another story
    Last edited by slinek; 02-23-2008 at 11:45 PM.

Thank you all very very much for the kind words. I am very happy to see that so many of clients (and whatever Rob would be considered :-P ) are so pleased.

We do everything we can to help our clients with all of their problems, and I'm very glad to see that it does not go unnoticed.

I look forward to working with you all for many years to come.

Kindest Regards,

Ryan
    Ryan - Limestone Networks - Client Relations Manager
    Cloud, Dedicated & Enterprise Hosting - Premium Network - DDoS Protection Available
    Dedicated Servers @LimestoneInc - limestonenetworks.com - 877.586.0555

Nice review... love to see good reviews out there. Plus a classy looking website.. i'll keep you in mind
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydWS View Post
    Nice review... love to see good reviews out there. Plus a classy looking website.. i'll keep you in mind

Why thank you!

We do our best to shine on like the crazy diamonds we are
    Ryan - Limestone Networks - Client Relations Manager
    Cloud, Dedicated & Enterprise Hosting - Premium Network - DDoS Protection Available
    Dedicated Servers @LimestoneInc - limestonenetworks.com - 877.586.0555