Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 73
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, ON Canada
    Posts
    6

    Netfirms is DOWN

    Netfirms is completely down.

  2. #2
    yup, all my sites, the netfirms sites are down and their phone number automatically disconnects

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,102
    Whoaaa - not good. I have some of my high-traffic sites hosted there. They've been down a couple of hours now. Not good at all.

  4. #4
    Have just managed to get through to them on 1-877-399-9909 [its actually their billing line]
    Apparently there 'appears' to be some 'major network issues'
    but they expect it to be back up in no longer then an hour (that was at just gone 5pm GMT)

    ...lets hope they get back up soon!

  5. #5
    actually, i heard that they got sued for hosting illegal content on one of their servers, and they got a 1 week server removal while all their servers are checked for more illegal content

  6. #6
    well thats what the netfirms people told me... they best not be making excuses up!

  7. #7
    i just called them at the above number, and got the same info bout the network issue

  8. #8
    this is horrible, I alone am responsible for 38 domains and 22 websites all hosted on netfirms(clients, big companies etc)

    wtf!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, ON Canada
    Posts
    6
    I am not happy with them lately. I am seriously going to move at least my critical sites elsewhere. If anyone can confim that '1 week server' thing with a link it would be appreciated.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Conifer, CO
    Posts
    0
    I called the billing number above (THANK YOU for posting that as I was unable to find a phone number in any documentation that I have)
    I was on hold for over 20 minutes and gave up... anyone have an ETA?

  11. #11
    wow, 504 views in a little less than an hour.... netfirms hosts over a million domains... this is bad.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, ON Canada
    Posts
    6
    I can't believe that they host their support site on the same servers and why does their support phone # NEVER work when they go down. Very unprofessional. I am done with these guys. As soon as they are back up, I am moving.

  13. #13
    Its obvious that they have a serious problem ...that means I have one too...I think its time for me to move my domains if and when they get back up

  14. #14
    I am going to move my domains to charmingweb.com if I have a problem I can actually talk to someone who cares

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL, USA
    Posts
    764
    How long has it been down for now?

  16. #16
    atleast 3 hours

  17. #17
    at least a few hours

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Conifer, CO
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by musicprocal View Post
    I am going to move my domains to charmingweb.com if I have a problem I can actually talk to someone who cares
    tell me more about this company... also does Netfirms go down alot?

  19. #19
    Netfirms used to be very good but I think they just got too big...this outage is very serious....I've used charmingweb.com for design and they are very responsive and talented and I think I will start to use their hosting now

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,561
    Quote Originally Posted by kovos View Post
    actually, i heard that they got sued for hosting illegal content on one of their servers, and they got a 1 week server removal while all their servers are checked for more illegal content
    This would not cause their network to be down and is unrelated. And how do you know they were sued? Unless they were just so reluctant to remove the content, I don't see why they would have been sued. I think its safe to say that any host with over 500+ domains is bound to receive abuse complaints for illegal content of some kind, so for them to get sued doesn't sound right (again unless they just didn't remove the content)

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Butler,TN
    Posts
    2,413
    Hi!
    I am aware of it being down since I tried to login at 11:00AM EST Today. Happily..I don't use them for hosting ( and would not )..still..this brings up several concerns.

    To answer some of the other questions..no..I found a more than year old thread on here about another outage..and it has never been down before when I tried to use it.

    I do not use their control panel..or godaddy's for that matter very often...and the only reason I used them yesterday was that god-awlful slow as syrup CP of godaddy's.

    At least it was never down...soo...?

    I tell ye..whot's a poor person to do?

    Bryon

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Conifer, CO
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bryonhost1 View Post
    Hi!
    I am aware of it being down since I tried to login at 11:00AM EST Today. Happily..I don't use them for hosting ( and would not )..still..this brings up several concerns.

    To answer some of the other questions..no..I found a more than year old thread on here about another outage..and it has never been down before when I tried to use it.

    I do not use their control panel..or godaddy's for that matter very often...and the only reason I used them yesterday was that god-awlful slow as syrup CP of godaddy's.

    At least it was never down...soo...?

    I tell ye..whot's a poor person to do?

    Bryon
    who do you use?

  23. #23
    Not working here... richardxthripp.com is still nowhere to be found. Shame on Netfirms; I certainly won't be renewing.

  24. #24
    Yeah, I'm done with them as well... the slow downs lately, the crappy webmail and now this outage...

    done done done.

    time to shop around for a new host.

  25. #25
    I agree....they are not like they used to be and the length of this outage proves that they are not prepared for problems - goodbye netfirms

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, ON Canada
    Posts
    6
    Still down

  27. #27
    like i said, over 40-50 domains total with them, and I plan on pulling all of them once they are up. Thats thousands of dollars of business out of one guy, and imagine all the people also leaving.

  28. #28
    You would think that they would post something to let everyone know what's going on - but NOOOOOO.....Seems to me that they take us all for granted or just don't give a damn....As soon as they get back up I am moving my domains....this has cost me alot of money

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chicago - USA
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by angela100 View Post
    tell me more about this company... also does Netfirms go down alot?
    I've used them for 2 years with no problems. I host a few church/charity sites. Price is right $9.95 USD a Month.

    For all those complaining about critical business sites, I would NEVER put a critical business site on a hosting service that didn't have a non collocated mirror. For that you need to spend more than $9.95 USD a Month.

    Cheers

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Conifer, CO
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by musicprocal View Post
    You would think that they would post something to let everyone know what's going on - but NOOOOOO.....Seems to me that they take us all for granted or just don't give a damn....As soon as they get back up I am moving my domains....this has cost me alot of money
    and WHERE would they post? They are down, remember?


    If this is a rare issue, then I don't plan to do anything. We've had our web site hosted for a couple of years without issue. I just want to know an ETA if anyone has been able to get through...

  31. #31
    WOW! big disappoint come on netfirms!!!!

  32. #32
    They said one hour...two hours ago
    This is nutts, I am fully willing to do registrar transfers of all my domains to godaddy or someone else.

  33. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovo View Post
    They said one hour...two hours ago
    This is nutts, I am fully willing to do registrar transfers of all my domains to godaddy or someone else.
    u called them? I tried their 416 number but it goes to voicemail.....

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, ON Canada
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by angela100 View Post
    and WHERE would they post? They are down, remember?


    If this is a rare issue, then I don't plan to do anything. We've had our web site hosted for a couple of years without issue. I just want to know an ETA if anyone has been able to get through...
    I have been hosting with Netfirms for several years and the problems have been getting worse lately. I can live with outages of up to an hour, but am bothered by the inability to get any support or response from them. Combine that with the MySQL errors I am starting to see, and I have a bad feeling that they are not able to keep up with the volume they have.

  35. #35
    They could post here

  36. #36
    anyone know about omnis.com ?

    I think I'll move there for my hosting...

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, ON Canada
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by musicprocal View Post
    They could post here
    lol - I wish they would just read here

  38. #38
    Netfirms been out since the late 90's... they probably won't go out of business BUT I AM SURE THEY WILL UPGRADE THEIR SERVERS n SERVICES!!!!!

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, ON Canada
    Posts
    6
    I can get to netfirms.com now but not my sites...

  40. #40
    I am starting to get the feeling that Netfirms has a very serious problem that won't be fixed for quite some time. I am going to move to charmingweb.com...their prices are reasonable, they have won awards and you get to talk to real people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •