BurstNet -- Should I move my data there, already?

Their billing is confusing, and fails in replying to my queries. I ordered a server and they said they'll charge me later. Now I don't want to move my data to the server only to find out they've canceled my server because a transaction failed for whatever reason. Moreover, I cannot send them a back/front copy of my credit card if their fraud -- or whatever -- department deems it as necessary. That just doesn't seems right to me.

I need to be assured that my payment has been successful and my server won't be pulled down after few days of hard work. The ticket has been unattended for more than 72 hours now.

Besides, their support desk has some serious fault. I CCed an email to two departments, and at least a dozen tickets were created (due to some technical fault at their side!), which I was blamed for.

My other server, which will become redundant in 5 days if I move my data out of it, is waiting for data to be withdrawn out, or else I'm supposed to pay for another month of it. Now I am not sure what to do! Anyone has had been in a similar [burstNet] situation? If so, what was your story? Did BurstNet cancel/suspend your server out of the blue, on a non-payment issue?

Why can't you fax or scan a copy of the physical CC for them to use to verify you are who you are? Anyway, if it's proving to be a hassle, then just go with someone else. Selling (or renting) dedicated servers is risky, and there's a greater potential loss if the order ends up being fraudulent, so I don't fault them for asking for some verification. If it's a matter of a mistyped CC number, expiration date or something, then they should allow you to try again, but if there are other reasons, I'd be curious why you're unable to copy the front/back of the card? Anyway, I'm assuming that once you verify your card/identity, that they'll not pull your server once you start putting work into it, unless the card later fails to show the proper amount of funds available and you go past their billing deadline.

I have a cheap dns server at some dc (don't wish to share) that requires fax cc and document + a cancellation letter.

This is very bogus since I didn't have to due all that work when I signup.

where you from important?

While I don't think 72 hours is at all reasonable to get a response, you should be willing to provide evidence you are who you say if you expect to get a dedicated server. There's just far too much potential fraud, so if something doesn't look right, you might have to provide verification. If you want to get a server, work with them and be willing to provide verification. Once you do, it should be smooth sailing for the future billing/orders. If not and billing issues persist, tickets aren't answered in a reasonable time frame, etc., then maybe look for someone else to get a server with.

They haven't answered my question in my ticket with them for 2 days now - "How the heck do I pay you?". Plus, they have setup the server I have not paid for. I don't exactly want to use a server I haven't paid for.

Simple, just don't want that server anymore.

I went for them after seeing that they had some long time customers here on WHT, but they look sort of old and low quality, a bit like their website design.

Well, if they set up the server you agreed to, it's your right to use it while you wait to find out how to pay. Does their site really not make it obvious? I've not been to their actual web site in many, many years. Just because they didn't reply to a ticket about how to pay, doesn't mean you're not obligated to pay just because you've changed your mind since then. Now, I do completely understand the concern that if you do start using (and relying) on it and you're unable to pay, you have to worry about it being disabled for non payment, so I can understand the desire to wait. I don't think I'd go with anyone that didn't reply to a ticket in a reasonable enough time regarding issues like that, but what questions are you asking them about how to pay? Don't they accept credit cards somehow? Or maybe paypal as well?

Quote Originally Posted by James Lee View Post
    They haven't answered my question in my ticket with them for 2 days now - "How the heck do I pay you?". Plus, they have setup the server I have not paid for. I don't exactly want to use a server I haven't paid for.

Simple, just don't want that server anymore.

I went for them after seeing that they had some long time customers here on WHT, but they look sort of old and low quality, a bit like their website design.
    I have to say I just hate customers like you that buy something than say OHhh I don't want it any more (and the next ticket is: please refund me).

Not only that your now bashing the company you didn't use?
    Last edited by BudWay; 02-23-2008 at 06:07 PM.

As I said above, I'd not agree that's okay either, but I didn't see any bashing happening, the poster just said they've not replied to their ticket in two days. Of course, how anyone not involved can know if it's due to an actual lack of a reply for that long or if they just missed an email notice saying it's been updated, is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BudWay View Post
    I have to say I just hate customers like you that buy something than say OHhh I don't want it any more (and the next ticket is: please refund me).

Not only that your now bashing the company you didn't use?
    I have to say I just hate people like you who don't read and then make idiotic posts.

I have not paid yet. And I would hardly call my post - bashing. More like a show of confusion and frustration towards the provider concerned.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by James Lee View Post
    I have to say I just hate people like you who don't read and then make idiotic posts.

I have not paid yet. And I would hardly call my post - bashing. More like a show of confusion and frustration towards the provider concerned.
    You order, they turnned your server online before processing your c/c and now your doing this (check the mirror)?

It's true what they say "Some customers are more than a pain than a gain".

No... Paypal... You obviously have no clue, don't know why you bother.

Our invoicing occurs after service delivery, this is normal for our system. As long as you pass our fraud screening, the service is normally delivered first, and the invoiced afterwards--based on the actual service delivery date. That may take place right afterwards (24-48 hours), or some time later (3-7 days), depending on how busy our billing staff is---which is quite busy during our sales typically. However, service would NEVER be suspended if you did't pay because you were not invoiced yet.

However, service would NEVER be suspended if you did't pay because you were not invoiced yet.
    That's reassuring.

I think I will simply move my data to the new server and hope for the best. But even so, I find the billing system to be obscure.

Thanks for the response. I look forward to being invoiced.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Our invoicing occurs after service delivery, this is normal for our system. As long as you pass our fraud screening, the service is normally delivered first, and the invoiced afterwards--based on the actual service delivery date. That may take place right afterwards (24-48 hours), or some time later (3-7 days), depending on how busy our billing staff is---which is quite busy during our sales typically. However, service would NEVER be suspended if you did't pay because you were not invoiced yet.
    Great biz module
    Good way to build strong work relations based on trusth.

I look forward in adding a few servers to test out you guys

Still 2 days to reply on a ticket is very very bad. It will be good if they can improve on that aspect.

<< Still 2 days to reply on a ticket is very very bad. It will be good if they can improve on that aspect. >>

What kind of ticket?
    Many of our departments are only available MON-FRI 9AM-5PM EST.