PLESK Built in Help Desk and WHMCS

Hello all,

We plan to use WHMCS for billing automation, and understand it also includes a built in help desk application.

We use PLESK today, which also has a built in help desk option.

Does anyone have experience with PLESK's built in help desk vs. WHMCS help desk?

We actually want our help desk application to NOT be on any of our Plesk servers (in the event a PLESK server goes down, if the help desk app is on it, users will not be able to log a ticket).

Is there a way to either REMOVE the help desk icon within Plesk, OR, even better, have it launch the WHMCS help desk that will be running on a different server?

Any feedback on these questions would be appreciated.

Thank you

I don't think it's possible to have the helpdesk link launch an external application, but you can add custom buttons to the interface, and disable the helpdesk by going to Server>Helpdesk and disabling it.

A kayako/SupportTrio help desk might be even better consideration
    WebHosting.com.bd - Web Hosting Bangladesh
    Limited Sites Per Server | cPanel | RVSiteBuilder PRO | Rapid Support | Pay-As-You-Go Reseller
    DomainDokan.com - Domain Registration Bangladesh
    Real-time Registration | Online Control Panel | Rapid Support | Turn-key Reseller

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomUNDERGROUND View Post
    A kayako/SupportTrio help desk might be even better consideration
    Can Kayako be launched from within PLESK?

I have heard integration with WHMCS is BETA only, is that still true?

We have our WHMCS hosted on a shared hosting plan outside of our data center, if we went with Kayako could we use their hosted/leased plan or would we need to install the software on the same server we are running WHMCS for the integration with WHMCS to work?

Thank you

Hi

if you get the Unstable version of kayako it will plug in to WHMCS as an addon.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

I'm not big on anything 'unstable' in our environment. For this integration to work, would WHMCS and Kayako need to run on the same physical server or could they each be hosted on different servers but work so long as they have an IP connection between them?

If you are just looking for a trouble ticket system, be sure to take a look at Cerberus. It seems to get mentioned less and less around here, but it is a stellar piece of software: fully scalable, flawless e-mail piping, fully skinnable, etc.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaw Networks View Post
    If you are just looking for a trouble ticket system, be sure to take a look at Cerberus. It seems to get mentioned less and less around here, but it is a stellar piece of software: fully scalable, flawless e-mail piping, fully skinnable, etc.
    Thanks for the tip, we have a help desk system now (PerlDesk) that has been satisfactory-- what I am seeking though is something either integrated with PLESK or WHMCS. Right now our customers have to remember a Plesk login/password and also a PerlDesk Login/Password. If we add WHMCS to our current setup I think that will add a 3rd login/pass for them to remember.

I'm trying to improve the customer experience by reducing the amount of logins/passwords and collapse as many of these apps into one cohesive system.

If we use WHMCS, I believe customers will still have two sign ons? (one for Plesk, and one for WHMCS?). With that said, I'd like a help desk app that is either integrated WITH plesk or WHMCS to avoid another login/pass.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming!