who would you pick? Timewarner or Internap?

who would you pick? Timewarner or Internap?

and why?

Thanks,

Kevin
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

Internap hands down.

Internap leases routes from all sorts of telcos and form a superb network of routes to chose from.

What is your purpose?

given those 2 choices, of course internap?

this question sort of puzzles me lol
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

Does any difference in price factor into the question?

internap over any single provider , what other carriers do you have?
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN sales@ceridius.com
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

If price is an issue then going with twtc would be better for you but if you are looking for quality routes etc then internap will definitely be your best choice.

Is this a serious question ? Internap any time of the day...

From a customer support point of view, Internap hands down. Time Warner right now is leading my list as to "worst vendor I deal with". I've been with them for 7 or 8 months, they've yet to return an email, phone call, or respond to a ticket.

So this is a pretty generic question with no background behind it. It is like going up to a perfect stranger and asking them if they would pick a Chevy HHR or a Lamborghini.

What are you trying to do with this transit? What are the cost considerations? What kind of access/peering do they have in that area?

If Internap costs me $70/mbit and Time Warner costs me $15/mbit and i am just doing file hosting I'll chose TW any day.

Quote Originally Posted by mhalligan View Post
    From a customer support point of view, Internap hands down. Time Warner right now is leading my list as to "worst vendor I deal with". I've been with them for 7 or 8 months, they've yet to return an email, phone call, or respond to a ticket.
    Send them a letter in default. That will get their attention to pickup their end of things.
    Yellow Fiber Networks
    http://www.yellowfiber.net : Managed Solutions - Colocation - Network Services IPv4/IPv6
    Ashburn/Denver/NYC/Dallas/Chicago Markets Served zak@yellowfiber.net

The price would be the same...my buddy will have to pay extra for the loop if he decides to go with internap. He kept telling how good TW was but I know for sure that internap will beat tw anytime. We are actually using internap at 1200 on 7th and their suport is great in my opinion.
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

internap.

TW is crap, ive seen there techs in action - Apes with picaxes.

Quote Originally Posted by mhalligan View Post
    You too? I thought they just didn't like me.

I've never dealt with Internap but anything has to be better then TWTC. Actually I take that back. American Fiber Systems is worse but fortunately not many people use them.
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

Seems like Internap hands down. From a wholesalers point of view they are also much much more responsive and give our clients better support than we have seen from most of our carriers. TWTC account management/sales teams have been near the bottom.
    sales@ipv4depot.com
    www.ipv4depot.com
    IPv4 Buying, Selling, and Leasing

YUP

Quote Originally Posted by LoganNZ View Post
    internap.

TW is crap, ive seen there techs in action - Apes with picaxes.
    Couldn't have said is any better

That's like asking me if I like raisins or M&M's. Obviously I am gonna choose M&M's. Internap has a better history. They may cost more but you get better service.

- Chris
    Professional Plesk Webhosting.
    No overselling.
    Always available for you.
    http://www.64bithost.com - 1-352-3164619

Stay away from Server City in Boston

The person who runs the operation is Adam Taylor, also goes by the handle iris@servercity.com. Unresponsive, unprofessional, and unenjoyable over 3 years.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by WII-Aaron View Post
    You too? I thought they just didn't like me.

I've never dealt with Internap but anything has to be better then TWTC. Actually I take that back. American Fiber Systems is worse but fortunately not many people use them.
    Internap is better than any other provider I've dealt with about informing you about issues like facilities maintenance issues in the datacenter your pnap is in, route flaps, peering problems, link issues. Internap's NOC is also excellent.

Sales support, however, is very hit or miss. Back in SF, my Internap rep Carlos was the same guy who supported me when I bought colo from abovenet in 1999, and he was absolutely awesome.. Then Internap bumped him up a notch, decided my commit was too small to continue having him as my sales rep, and I got punted off to a sales support team who didn't care if I existed since I'm less than $50k/year with them.

I'm planning on dumping Internap when our contract ends.

Michael,

I hear you. The same thing happened to us. Internap changed their management not too long ago and it seems to be shifting their focus from IP to other products as they acquire other companies. We used to be their 5th largest customer in Texas after JC Penney, but then we were not treated that well either especially after my wonderful original sales team got fired/quit. Funny thing is, everyone in my sales team quited due to some personality conflict with their new manager. After that, I had a lot of service/management related issues because the sales rep. replacement was not responsive at all. My account changed hands at least 3 times and as a result, we trimmed our operation and commitment drastically due to unresolved issues.

Finally, we are now assigned a new sales team that has been wonderful (phew). I hope that this situation will get better from now on. You and us are not the only ones with this situation. I heard that there are other companies that got tired of Internap and moved away from them.

In all these, the Internap network engineers are consistent and among the best in the industry. I hope that their management is as customer-centric as their noc engineers. Then, it would be perfect! Their bandwidth is still the best blend that we have simply because of the mix of tier-1 carriers and that their noc engineers are very helpful and flexible to work with.
    Reyner Natahamidjaja
    :: Global IP Networks - Tier 3 Data Center and Managed IT Solutions
    :: SSAE 16 SOC-2, PCI and HIPAA Compliant
    :: https://gipnetworks.com

Same story here. My old InterNAP rep is not working there anymore as of a few months ago which sucks because he was always responsive and tried to work with me. The new guy I talked to once when he asked me if I was going to renew my contract and since then has not followed up on any of my requests. I just figured this was a unique situation, but apparently this is fairly common the past few months..
    Matt Ayres - togglebox.com
    Linux and Windows Cloud Virtual Datacenters powered by Onapp / Xen
    Instant Setup, Instant Scalability, Full Lifecycle Hosting Solutions

www.togglebox.com

Growing companies always experience growing pains. The good companies work through it and become better. Those that do not fail.

I used Internap at a previous company and brought my current company to them a couple months back. So far our rep and her team have been great, as have the NOC crew. If you are going to be with a single provider, I could not think of a better one.