virtuozzo managment in VPS

we are planning to purchase virtuozzo to manage our dedicated servers. Is it possible to manage/create all the VPS of all the server using one centralize virtuozzo PIM or we will need to install separate virtuozzo at each server.

Quote Originally Posted by thewebhostingdir View Post
    we are planning to purchase virtuozzo to manage our dedicated servers. Is it possible to manage/create all the VPS of all the server using one centralize virtuozzo PIM or we will need to install separate virtuozzo at each server.
    One centralized PIM installation can manage unlimited nodes, but you need to purchase a PIM license for every node you want to manage from PIM.
    Andrew Cranson, Director of Operations
    Layershift Fully Managed Cloud Hosting :: WizzVPS Cheap Unmanaged VPS :: UK, USA, Singapore
    Jelastic :: Next generation PaaS - UK Java & PHP Hosting
    True 24x7 Technical Support - peace of mind around the clock!

I'm just curious since this is about your 6th thread asking about Virtuozzo. If you are so interested in buying, why not just talk to a SW-Soft sales rep and have all your questions answered?

I don't quite understand why you think a forum would have better answers than the sales department of the developers. They can answer all of your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx View Post
    I'm just curious since this is about your 6th thread asking about Virtuozzo. If you are so interested in buying, why not just talk to a SW-Soft sales rep and have all your questions answered?

I don't quite understand why you think a forum would have better answers than the sales department of the developers. They can answer all of your questions.
    I wasn't paying enough attention to realise this was the same guy, but I suspect it was probably a quicker way to get answers on here than asking Parallels. However, I'm not sure I would trust stuff said on here unless it was said by certain people, or several people agreed on it... though on this occasion I did answer a few of the questions myself and I'm pretty much certain my responses were correct.
    Layershift Fully Managed Cloud Hosting :: WizzVPS Cheap Unmanaged VPS :: UK, USA, Singapore

A couple corrections to what's been written above:

PEM is Swsoft's premium product that's going to run you well over $20k for an installation. Not to mention the mandatory consulting fees.

A better fit from within Swsoft's lineup is the HSPComplete product. We've used it with great success and it handles dedicated servers, vps's, etc.

It does a fantastic job with VPS's, auto-provisioning, taking signups, etc. But it doesn't do as well with dedicateds. It will take an inventory, but won't do switch port monitoring for bandwidth usage(they tell us it's coming soon)

Overall, it's a great product with a couple limitations that are constantly being improved upon. PEM is only installed in a handful of places around the world and I think that HSPComplete might be a better fit for you.

On a final (cost-related) note, you should be able to find a data center (especially on WHT) that will resell/rent an HSPC license to you for a low cost. That would be a great way to get off the ground.
    E Solutions by WOW! Business
    Collocation, DR, VMWare Hosting in our Data Centers
    SSAE-16 Type II Certified with locations in Tampa, FL and Columbus, OH
    Call Now! 813-301-2600

Quote Originally Posted by HostingAmerica View Post
    A couple corrections to what's been written above:

PEM is Swsoft's premium product that's going to run you well over $20k for an installation. Not to mention the mandatory consulting fees.

A better fit from within Swsoft's lineup is the HSPComplete product. We've used it with great success and it handles dedicated servers, vps's, etc.

It does a fantastic job with VPS's, auto-provisioning, taking signups, etc. But it doesn't do as well with dedicateds. It will take an inventory, but won't do switch port monitoring for bandwidth usage(they tell us it's coming soon)

Overall, it's a great product with a couple limitations that are constantly being improved upon. PEM is only installed in a handful of places around the world and I think that HSPComplete might be a better fit for you.

On a final (cost-related) note, you should be able to find a data center (especially on WHT) that will resell/rent an HSPC license to you for a low cost. That would be a great way to get off the ground.
    My posts are correct. I said PIM (Parallels Infrastructure Manager), not PEM (now known as Parallels System Automation).

Quote Originally Posted by Layershift Andrew View Post
    My posts are correct. I said PIM (Parallels Infrastructure Manager), not PEM (now known as Parallels System Automation).
    You're right. Things have been confusing with their new naming structure. Frankly, I think it was a bad idea for them to change their names. They've done a good job building their brand in this industry with the names they've got.

After a bit of research, it looks like your recommendation (for PIM, the former VZCC) is a good product for this person's needs.
    E Solutions by WOW! Business
    Collocation, DR, VMWare Hosting in our Data Centers
    SSAE-16 Type II Certified with locations in Tampa, FL and Columbus, OH
    Call Now! 813-301-2600

Quote Originally Posted by HostingAmerica View Post
    After a bit of research, it looks like your recommendation (for PIM, the former VZCC) is a good product for this person's needs.
    When I mentioned to them that PIM is what was previously known as VZCC they promptly corrected me and told me it's a completely new product. Their website was updated a few hours later to remove the "formerly known as VZCC" bit from their site. I can understand why now though, it's clearly a very new product and very very different. Less than 20% of the functionality is from the former VZCC.

It was necessary to change the name to PIM as it will be managing Parallels Server, Citrix Xen and VMware later this year. Calling it Virtuozzo Control Center obviously wouldn't fit in with that.

I think the new names make a lot of sense, but it'll take time for everyone to familiarise themselves fully with them. I'm totally clear on it now, but then again I use every product they sell except Confixx so I need to know their range pretty well.