30 31.91%
  • No

51 54.26%
  • Only when I am on fire

13 13.83%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you smoke?

Do you smoke?

I am considering giving up smoking, as I know it is doing me damage. However I am weak willed.

Wondering what percentage of the population (at least the WHT population) still smoke.
    Web Hosting since 1999

Or maybe a more interesting thread; How did you start?
    Bannaz™ | Amazing Banner Ad Designer!
    Need banners? Visit our Website
    New Facebook Banner Ads! Bannaz.com/facebook

I smoke been smoking since I was 8 years old or 11 years old. Depending on what you would call starting:

8 Years old a girl from new York City started me smoking Salems. I smoked every now and then to be "cool"

11 Years old in Military school I started a pack a day.

Smoking is bad blech....I too am weak willed
    When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at
    you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".
    -- Linus Torvalds

I would like to stop smoking since i keep on burning my keyboard keys and the ash keeps on falling into my keyboard as well.
    Professor of crime at St Andrews university.

Well, following some of the threads lately... I must be evil lol.
    Yes I smoke,
    Yes I have kids (and do some hosting)
    Yes I still have a few machines in the house with MS OS's on them
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

I don't smoke and never have. If you do plan on quitting, I wish you luck.

Originally posted by Synthetic
    I don't smoke and never have. If you do plan on quitting, I wish you luck.
    Me also, I find smoking repugnant.

Originally posted by IT Hosting

Me also, I find smoking repugnant.
    So do I but, I smoke...
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

Errr, it is repugnant. That is why many of us want to quit. Not to save our lives, but rather to make those people happy that find our very costly habbit to be repugnant.

Actually, many of us smokers do realize that people do not like it. Some of us are considerate. I always smoke out doors, even in public buildings that DO allow smoking. I know it is my habbit, and not yours, so I do the best I can not to bug you with it. But...if you insist on coming to my house and stepping out on the deck with me....and the wind shifts, ya just might get a whiff of that ole smoke.

Dennis Leary had a good piece on non-smokers/smokers, will have to try to find it.

BTW: on the same token.... I find CHEESE to be repugnant. Very disgusting stuff, and people eat it. Yup, might have to do ith growing up in a dairy area, and seeing how that crap is made. But no matter, your choice to eat that stuff.

yech..... nasty.... my mom use to smoke, so me and my bro would never go near her when she did...

I don't smoke and never will!Why?
    Because my dad has lung cancer.(from smoking)

Chris

I smoked regularly for 5 years (age 13 to age 18) and quit cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant about a year and a half ago.

I started with a girl who was my best friend, we were in 6th grade and I was 12 (note that I said I smoked REGULARLY from 13 to 18). Her mom was a way heavy smoker, there literally were cartons of cigarettes all over their house, heh, so when I spent the night one night we took one partially full carton and smoked a few cigarettes out of one pack, then divided the rest and smoked them other times we were together, and after school with other friends.

Originally posted by Jeep Guy

BTW: on the same token.... I find CHEESE to be repugnant. Very disgusting stuff, and people eat it. Yup, might have to do ith growing up in a dairy area, and seeing how that crap is made. But no matter, your choice to eat that stuff.

So smoked cheese is the ultimate disgust

I can't stand most smokers. (I say most so I don't stereotype them)

Finally about a week ago I was walking into my office and there was a car parked outside with a woman smoking in it. She was apparently done and rolled down her window and tossed her butt outside on the sidewalk. I walked over, picked it up and knocked on her window. When she rolled it down I tossed the butt into her car and didn't say a word. She had the nerve to start screaming at me as I walked away.

I did what any other gentleman would do when being screamed at by a lady... I gave her the finger and kept going.

Aaron
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

Good for you. There is no excuse for littering, if it is a McDonalds burger wrapper, or a cig butt, it is wrong.

Originally posted by WII-Aaron
    I can't stand most smokers. (I say most so I don't stereotype them)

Finally about a week ago I was walking into my office and there was a car parked outside with a woman smoking in it. She was apparently done and rolled down her window and tossed her butt outside on the sidewalk. I walked over, picked it up and knocked on her window. When she rolled it down I tossed the butt into her car and didn't say a word. She had the nerve to start screaming at me as I walked away.

I did what any other gentleman would do when being screamed at by a lady... I gave her the finger and kept going.

Aaron
    I guess you tossed the wrong butt

Originally posted by timechange

I guess you tossed the wrong butt
    But it sure beats being the butt of everbodies humour!

Simon

Don't be so self-absorbed Simon, we don't discuss your dysfunctions here.

All I can say is Quit now before you have to start having limbs taken off (yep all cos of smoking) or cant breathe properly.

Or get Cancer

I dont wish any of the above on people that do smoke because i can understand how difficult it is to give up, but just look at yourself each time you smoke and know in your heart that its another fraction of your life going up in smoke and one step closer to killing yourself.

Frankly, those that say they cant quit arent of any use to the world, go jump off a 30 floor buildingm at least that way you wont be killing yourself slowly and painfully with cancer, but more shortly and sharply.

For those of you that smoke with or around kids, shame on you, they deserve a better life than to be around smoke so much getting addicted to the stuff before they have even had a chance to make up their own mind.

Thats about it from me, I spoke my mind for once

Good Night - God Bless
    www.microsolder.uk - Microsoldering Services in the UK

I walked over, picked it up and knocked on her window. When she rolled it down I tossed the butt into her car and didn't say a word

Hating litter and saying something to someone about it is one thing. Throwing lit cigarettes at a person especially in their car is another. If it was me I probably would have knocked you out.
    When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at
    you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".
    -- Linus Torvalds

There is a saying: "Don't throw cigarette butts in our toilet, we don't piss in your ashtray".

Interesting survey results released today (large and indepth look into smoking) and it found that just 3 cigarettes a day doubles the chance of developing heart disease.

There was a cardiologist that said that if people didn't smoke then he'd have hardly anything to do for people under the age of 40.

Then again, it now looks like toast, cereals (as in breakfast), roast potatoes, chips, crisps are also carcinogenic.

Did they mention llama milk and camel meat?

I smoked for 9 years, and have been clean for the past 2. I gave up a few months before I got married. It was a very tough time, but I new it was something I really had to do.

davehooper.net buy nicorette patches .. they r great mate I have been off smoke now for 2 months and have never felt better
    HostHeadQuarters.com
    Reliable Hosting
    Great Support

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast