$100~$120 for Windows server in US on decent network?

Hi All,

I'm currently using a high end DDS, however I'm fast outgrowing it in terms of processing power and storage. I am currently exploring the idea of moving to a dedicated server at the end of my next billing cycle, and am looking for an unmanaged server that has good network transfer speeds worldwide, with dual core CPU (4 core preferred), 1GB RAM and 250GB+ HDD. Any suggestions?
    Dominic Ryan

www.iis-aid.com

IIS and Open Source

Well a dual processor setup/quad core processor will be hard to find for that price, however you will easily find a dual core setup for that in the Dedicated Hosting Offers section.

Just check the offers page, I am sure you will find what you are looking for : http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

You shouldnt have a problem finding something dual core within your budget, however Quad-Core is definitely pushing it.

Once you find a host that looks interesting, do a search for them and see what other people think about them.

Best of luck!
    Ryan - Limestone Networks - Client Relations Manager
    Cloud, Dedicated & Enterprise Hosting - Premium Network - DDoS Protection Available
    Dedicated Servers @LimestoneInc - limestonenetworks.com - 877.586.0555

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    Don't know if they do offer anything at the price range the OP is looking for, can you be more specific?

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexDrive View Post
    Don't know if they do offer anything at the price range the OP is looking for, can you be more specific?
    They used to have an Opteron 170/1GB ram/250GB/2000GB bandwidth for 119$, but that one is gone now.

do you have a geographic location in mind? I am sure you can make a deal somewhere , might want to think about where you want to be located. Also be sure to check the reputation on this and other places of whatever company you choose.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

Thanks all. Dual core will more than likely fill my needs for the next 12~18 months. The big one for me is the network speed. I can get around 650~700KBytes/Sec from my current DDS in the USA from here in the UK. If I could get that our better from a dedicated I'd be happy enough.
    Dominic Ryan

www.iis-aid.com

IIS and Open Source