flexiscale experiences...anyone?

Has anyone had any experience with flexiscale? I recently had a phone call from them as I got in contact about some of their packages with them and they sound like nice guys.

However using the search function on this site I couldnt dish any dirt on them, their as clean as a whistle on here.

Just wondered if anyone had any personal experience with them, I'm thinking about signing up but not sure just want to see what other people thought first.

NOTE: no this is not self promotion - just wondered if people had heard of them and what they thought about them as far as I know their the only VPS company that offer PAYGO service other than their competitor amazon.

What kind of pricing do they have - maybe you could try them for a month with a basic (cheaper) package to see what they are like. You can always move if you aren't happy with them.
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsoftware View Post
    What kind of pricing do they have - maybe you could try them for a month with a basic (cheaper) package to see what they are like. You can always move if you aren't happy with them.
    yeah thats a good solution to try hehe.

when I was on their site this morning this their packages start from 512mb memory 20gb hard disk and think it was 10/20gb bandwidth for 40ish a month. (this was found out by using their calculator hehe.)

the thing that makes them expensive I think is they charge per upload and download, I suppose thats the most sensible way to do it when its pay as you go.

a good thing about it thous is you only pay for what you use hehe.

i dunno suppose giving them a go cant hurt hehe.

I've got to say, that seems a little on the expensive side - have you tried looking at the offers forum? You're likely to find offers on there that will give you the same thing for less.
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

Agreed with the above. You shouldn't limit yourself to only one company. Most have never heard of them in the first place.
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

Flexiscale is run by Xcalibre who are good guys and have a decent reputation.
    Andrew Ogilvie | Xtraordinary Hosting | AS30827 | Member of LINX
    Dedicated Servers in Central London | Xen VPS Linux & Windows | Complex Hosting | London BGP4 Bandwidth

Odd, I've never heard of them either!

We don't tend to get mentioned on WHT much, but hey that's life.

We've been offering hosting services since 1997, so I suspect we were around here before most people here even started their companies. (Just checked, I was in the first 1200 people to register on WHT, and it's now got 180,000 registered users!)

FlexiScale is our new utility computing offering, which as the OP correctly mentions is a direct rival to Amazon's EC2 service (except it's far more suited for hosting than Amazon's).

The key thing to remember when you are looking at the pricing of it, is that you aren't just getting a VPS for the price. You are getting a part of a highly scalable, highly engineered cluster, of which you can use far more when you need.

For example, we had a customer feature on TechCrunch the other week, they expanded their capacity by 800% for a few hours to cope with the traffic, then dropped it down again. Total extra cost, a few $'s.

Anyway, I've spouted on enough, but please do ask any questions if you have any.

Regards,

Tony Lucas
    Last edited by Toons; 02-24-2008 at 09:33 AM. Reason: typo
    Founder & SVP Product
    Flexiant Ltd
    Simplifying the Cloud - Designed for Service Providers
    http://www.flexiant.com