Opinions on HYIP

We would like to know your opinions on hosting HYIP websites. We consider them very risky and we know not a lot of hosts will take them. Whats the general opinion on these kinds of sites?

Given that all HYIP websites are doomed to fail by the nature of their Ponzi pyramid structure, I understand why most hosts won't touch them. Anything that promises high yields and low risk is a bold-face lie.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    Given that all HYIP websites are doomed to fail by the nature of their Ponzi pyramid structure, I understand why most hosts won't touch them. Anything that promises high yields and low risk is a bold-face lie.
    Completely agrees
    Chris Ciufo
    AIM : InvisionChris
    Email: consul -at- chrisciufo.com

I agree as well. We are moving away from hosting them because of the risks associated with them and the fact that DDoS attacks on those sites are very frequent. We were just looking for general opinions to see if this "service" was worth the trouble or not. We appreciate all comments on this subject.

Don' think it is worthy. Another option is to be a host that host anything: pr0n, warez, torrents, HYIPS...
    If I was owner, I would not allow this to be hosted.

By no means do we think it is worthy. We had to release our last HYIP client a few days ago because his site was causing disruptions on that particular server. We were trying to make the decision whether to continue serving those clients or not. I think public opinion has made our decision quite easy. Thank you guys for all your help.

Risky and attracts the wrong kind of customer.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I found that most HYIP people ask to pay with EGold or something like that too.

What is HYIP?

It's too risky for me. And sooner or later they all go down, so you can't put all your income on them, it's quite stupid. And some of them even will not pay you out. Good thing that PayPal went away from HYIP market.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Not that I disagree, but is it a hosting company's job to make sure that the business/offers made by its customers are valid?

What is HYIP?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-yi...stment_program

attracts the wrong kind of customer.
    Based on your experience, what would be the negative traits of this customer, the ones that would affect its host?

hyip = scam, so I dont think its worth to host such sites, alot of the people who start this kind of websites pay for the webhosting illegaly.