View Poll Results: Has burstnet changed?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO, they still have network problems every now (15+ mins/month)

32 71.11%
  • YES, their network has been rocksolid with minimal downtime

13 28.89%

Has BurstNET changed at all in 4 years?

Last time I dealt with them was in 2004. Back when the infamous 3 day outage.

I did a search on the forums where providers or hosts are reported as "down" and there's a tendency of every month to have an outage, that is a new thread every month about burstnet and some kind of issue.

Are they still the same having constant out of nowhere downtime (I am talking affecting several or all their network, not just YOU)

Thanks for your input

PS if anyone has uptime monitoring to their site hosted at Burst and wouldn't mind to share please PM or post.
    ^_^

<< I did a search on the forums where providers or hosts are reported as "down" and there's a tendency of every month to have an outage, that is a new thread every month about burstnet and some kind of issue. >>

As well as just abut every other major budget server provider... :-)

<< (15+ mins/month) >>

15 minutes a month would be well within acceptable levels of our SLA...keep that in mind.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Really? What other providers have an outage every month? Very curious...

I have been with Burst since early 2004 so I have been using them for almost 4 years. They have had too many outages and I cancelled most of my servers.

During the last 4 or 5 months their network was stable though. Right now they have little to no outages.
    Their support is good also and you can deal with them...I mean they do not suspend your server for no reason...they do not **** you up with their smallprint or stuff like that.

I can not say they are a bad company. They have good prices, good support and their network has improved also eventhough I am not sure if they are really stable or if this is just a temporary thing. If their network and power issues are really resolved I would recommend them but I am not sure about that. They have had good times in the past and then it went all downhill again (the recent power outages etc.). So I really do not know if I would recommend them but I guess they did really improve as far as outages are concerned and otherwise they are good...so try it but do so on your own risk LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    << I did a search on the forums where providers or hosts are reported as "down" and there's a tendency of every month to have an outage, that is a new thread every month about burstnet and some kind of issue. >>

<< (15+ mins/month) >>

15 minutes a month would be well within acceptable levels of our SLA...keep that in mind.
    What I was referring to as 15 mins per outage or more. I am OK with once a month for it to happen, but having 4-10 30 mins outages is too much.
    ^_^

There is no way I could be ok with a once a month outage. I don't see why any datacenter would need a once a month outage. If anyone has any idea why a DC would need to go down once a month fill me in. My providers are great and I don't experience any downtime. I haven't been with them very long but great experience, once a month downtime would be unacceptable for me and my clients.

My current provider happens to be a Burst reseller, and keeps making promises he cant keep as far as giving us what we're paying for... so I've been trying not to express anger towards Burst lately, and instead have been realizing that its not their fault.

Downtime has been pretty minimal, but yeah, I'd say 15 mins/mo sounds about right. That's not that bad though when you consider what you're getting for the price.... If you're looking for 100% uptime SLA, there are places where you can get that

I've been with BurstNET coming up on 2 months now - no issues to report thus far. I have 10 servers there presently.

Support is amazing...
    Network is amazing...
    And the staff is VERY friendly.
    Big things coming soon

Their website looks like it could use an update though...

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic View Post
    Their website looks like it could use an update though...

ha! So true, it looks like a design from around 2000.

I'm also with a burst reseller and find them perfectly fine, no noticable downtime..

All depends at what time the downtime comes, maybe they use the 15 minutes to do some manteinance on routers, but is strange to do it 1 time per month, and of course this kind of things has to be adviced to customers few days before.

Burstnet has to give the reasons for this downtimes.

Their billing is confusing.

They setup a server I haven't even paid for yet. (em...?) Where do I log in to pay for the server damn it? They do not answer my question..

Quote Originally Posted by James Lee View Post
    Their billing is confusing.

They setup a server I haven't even paid for yet. (em...?) Where do I log in to pay for the server damn it? They do not answer my question..
    Same situation here; they said they'll charge me. Now I don't want to move my data to the server only to find out they've canceled my server because a transaction failed for whatever reason.

I need to be assured that my payment has been successful and my server won't be pulled down after few days of hard work. The ticket has been unattended for more than 36 hours now.

Besides, their support desk has some serious fault. I CCed an email to two departments, and at least a dozen tickets were created (due to some technical fault at their side!), which I was blamed for.

Please stay on topic. This is about THEIR NETWORK stability, not billing payment issues.
    ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Last time I dealt with them was in 2004. Back when the infamous 3 day outage....
    Yeah. They've had a couple bumps. But none big enough to cost me any customers. And I've been with them since 2001.

I think 6 years of service is testament enough.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

For webhosting it's fine. For anything streaming... you're in big trouble.

Hmmm, I wonder how many of these negative votes can be thrown out due to competitors clicking on them, or individuals that are not, or have not been, or have not been recent, clients...

This poll really means nothing, as WHT isn't exactly a place where you can conduct an accurate and honest poll about a host in any legitimate manner whatsoever.

Take this whole poll with a grain of salt.
    Pay more attention to members' posts, rather than anonymous votes from the peanut gallery...
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder how many of these negative votes can be thrown out due to competitors clicking on them, or individuals that are not, or have not been, or have not been recent, clients...
    And how many of us didn't "vote" because there was no fitting option.

But yeah, polls like this don't help anyone.

/Looking forward to 6 more years with BurstNET!
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I've had two machines with Burst since about 2002, but have since moved to local colocation with my own cpanel licenses. Wasn't because of Burstnet, I just needed hands-on access. But I never had any complaints about them and I don't recall any network glitches yet there do seem to be a lot of posts...half of them could be ISP related, maybe? *shrug*

Plus it was cool when Darren worked on their I.T. team. He was bad@ss and got stuff done.
    Last edited by Johnny Cache; 02-24-2008 at 06:14 PM. Reason: i screwed up my smiley :D