Any premium reseller hosting providers?

Hi,

I am just curious to know if there are any premium reseller hosting providers in the market or not? By premium what I mean is, less crowded servers and quicker customer support. I do not mind if the cost is bit on the higher side compared to other providers.

I am currently with Resellerzoom, paying them around USD 40 for 16 GB disk space with 320 GB bandwidth..

I am looking for host with following features:

1. Less crowded and faster servers
    2. Quick technical / sales support (Technical is more important actually)
    3. Cpanel as control panel
    4. Overselling should be allowed
    5. rest of the features that Resellerzoom provides.

I do not mind shelling around 60-70 per month for the same package that I have with RZ. (additional 20-30 USD being premium charges)

Do let me know your inputs.

Regards,
    Deep

Note: I am not looking to change the servers instantly but this is kind of research phase to know the players in the market.

There are some, but you need to be aware that they do not market themselves as "premium resellers" - more as premium hosts in general.

Kind Regards,

Yups and that is why I thought of asking here

1. Less crowded and faster servers
    and

4. Overselling should be allowed
    are a bit contradictive. If you want to be located on a non-crowded server, it would be best to avoid a hosting service that allows its users to oversell their accounts.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

are a bit contradictive.
    Maybe, maybe not. A provider could in theory place fewer customers per server, and effectively counterbalance the overselling done by the resellers. That would off course be reflected in the price though. I'd say that the more serious danger comes when the provider oversells and allows its resellers to oversell. It is probably what the OP is experiencing right now.

I don't think that $60 really puts things in the "premium" bracket. But that's just me, and my probably old fashioned way of seeing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaw Networks View Post
    and

are a bit contradictive. If you want to be located on a non-crowded server, it would be best to avoid a hosting service that allows its users to oversell their accounts.
    No it's not. The reseller overselling doesn't matter since they can only use up to their own quota regardless of how much they sell.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    No it's not. The reseller overselling doesn't matter since they can only use up to their own quota regardless of how much they sell.
    Yes it does.

Unlimited domains and overselling enabled means a reseller can put a 1000 domains on the sever add that by 10 or 20 other resellers and you have exactly what the OP asked to get away from. An overloaded server.

I dont mind a cap on account creation limit, say approx 200 accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Deep13 View Post
    I dont mind a cap on account creation limit, say approx 200 accounts?
    So you want to be on a server say with 10 to 15 other resellers who are all allowed to oversell and sell up to 200 accounts each.

So being on a server with 2000 to 2500 other domains is OK?

Have you considered a VPS at all?
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Deep, on a shared hosting, you will face slowness at one point or other, as the server gets filled up.

There are some good hosts here so do some shortlisting first, then check for the reviews. Some of the good one have already replied here on this thread so you have got something to start with.

Better option is, if you have a budget of $60 to 70, why not take another step and get a managed VPS, you will have better control over the environment, or if you can manage it then go for an unmanaged one.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by Techark View Post
    Yes it does.

Unlimited domains and overselling enabled means a reseller can put a 1000 domains on the sever add that by 10 or 20 other resellers and you have exactly what the OP asked to get away from. An overloaded server.
    That's not really overselling? Overselling would be selling more than your quota.

Creating 1000 accounts out of "unlimited" would mean you're always under you quota and hence not overselling. Even with overselling disabled and unlimited domains, you could still go ahead and create those 1,000 accounts and be under your quota.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    I don't think that $60 really puts things in the "premium" bracket. But that's just me, and my probably old fashioned way of seeing things.
    It's not just you. $60 for 16 GB space, 320 GB transfer puts it clearly in the oversold category to my mind - a dangerous situation for a reseller account with overselling enabled. Sooner or later most of those reseller clients are going to try to use most of their allocations...
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

From my researching, the most reliable Cpanel provider I have found and what I would call premium is Rochen (no experience) - but not near your budget.

But, I would drop Cpanel hosts.... because for the same price or even lower you can have an Hsphere reseller account with a reputable host and have your clients spread among different server...
    Antonis Adamakos @ FuzzFree :: Fully Managed Web Hosting, Development, Online Marketing

Is linux hosting a necessity? Windows servers running Helm are a good prospect as they also split services across multiple servers.
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

Overselling aside, I don't see how the number of domains determines the load on the server. Offering unlimited domains is very common these days, even among higher end hosting providers.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsoftware View Post
    Is linux hosting a necessity? Windows servers running Helm are a good prospect as they also split services across multiple servers.
    H-Sphere does exactly the same and supports both Linux and Windows (and FreeBSD).
    Antonis Adamakos @ FuzzFree :: Fully Managed Web Hosting, Development, Online Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Overselling aside, I don't see how the number of domains determines the load on the server. Offering unlimited domains is very common these days, even among higher end hosting providers.
    If you don't see how 2000 domains doing DNS queries, 2000 domains sending and receiving mail, 2000 log files being written, 2000 potential people logging into web mail, 2000 potential people logging into their control panel 2000 potential apache processes and that is if each site only gets one hit and keep alive is off etc... could have an effect on a servers load then it is beyond me to explain it to you.

And not even to mention doing backups for 2000 accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Techark View Post
    So you want to be on a server say with 10 to 15 other resellers who are all allowed to oversell and sell up to 200 accounts each.

So being on a server with 2000 to 2500 other domains is OK?
    Not everyone is going to be under the same package right? I think that will be hosting provider's job how he is gonna handle 200 accounts per client, according to simple logic, he will simply divide the server into various packages to keep the things on the lower side but yea, my need will be atleast 200 acccounts.

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    Have you considered a VPS at all?
    Yes, but I want to stay away from digging in the server all time. (fixing minor issues and all) and also I think shared server will be better as it will have 4 GB of RAM approx compared to VPS around 1 GB in the same price. Correct me if I am wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post
    Deep, on a shared hosting, you will face slowness at one point or other, as the server gets filled up.

There are some good hosts here so do some shortlisting first, then check for the reviews. Some of the good one have already replied here on this thread so you have got something to start with.

Better option is, if you have a budget of $60 to 70, why not take another step and get a managed VPS, you will have better control over the environment, or if you can manage it then go for an unmanaged one.
    I just replied above on the VPS front.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsoftware View Post
    I need linux actually. I already have a reseller account for Windows and it is running pretty smoothly.

Regards,
    Deep

If your account is running on resellerzoom without any problems then I think there would be a number of hosts who offer good "premium" support and servers, Have a look around WHT and talk to some hosts you like the look of, you'll find some that are suitable.

You have reasonable budget and your doing the right thing,shopping around before buying and before you "need" to move.

Best of luck with your search and let us know how you get on.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

If you don't see how 2000 domains doing DNS queries, 2000 domains sending and receiving mail, 2000 log files being written, 2000 potential people logging into web mail, 2000 potential people logging into their control panel 2000 potential apache processes and that is if each site only gets one hit and keep alive is off etc... could have an effect on a servers load then it is beyond me to explain it to you.

And not even to mention doing backups for 2000 accounts.
    I would have preferred an answer in a different tone, but I guess I'll have to settle with that one.

As you're a provider with direct experience in offering unlimited domains (as can be seen on your site), please do explain, what happens, at your company, when a customer with the ability to host unlimited domains, hosts 100 domains? or 200? or 2000? Do you ever tell him "Wait a minute, that's too many!"?

Suppose you do tell him that at some point. Why advertise unlimited if you know full well you're not going to allow 2000 domains on an account?

Suppose you don't tell him that, are we to conclude that your servers are chronically overloaded?

So, please, let me continue to not have a clue, and consider that your servers, even though your customers have the ability to put large numbers of domains on them, are definitely not overloaded, and that you're a great hosting provider.

Your snotty answer is now responded in kind, so we're even, and joking aside, you're a provider I respect.

I still don't understand how the reseller overselling webspace/bandwidth has got anything to do having 2,000 domains on a server.

A reseller not overselling but offering unlimited accounts can still put 2,000 domains on one server.

Letting a reseller oversell only means it will be easier for them to max out their account. If the host is overselling responsibly, then it shouldn't be a problem..

In simple one word its greed where some provider or reseller do not see their responsibility.

Whereas if the provider or reseller are responsible one, with good contingency plans, then you can say overselling is better utilisation of resources.

But yes this circle is incomplete without responsible customers too.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post
    In simple one word its greed where some provider or reseller do not see their responsibility.

Whereas if the provider or reseller are responsible one, with good contingency plans, then you can say overselling is better utilisation of resources.

But yes this circle is incomplete without responsible customers too.
    Well said!

Great discussion about overselling

But the main question still stays unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by minipro View Post
    Great discussion about overselling

But the main question still stays unanswered.
    Now that was well said.

Maybe the OP's best bet, after having done some research on here and elsewhere, is to find a solid and dependable company that suits 80-90 percent of his needs and provides the level of support he/she requires, and then negotiate a package that ends up meeting that last 10-20 percent.

I have been looking for a month or so, and have found half a dozen companies I like, but each one seems to excel where another has room for improvement in one aspect or another. In the end, I think I will approach one and try to negotiate a deal where if I pay a bit extra or commit for a certain time, I get that one or two things I need from them that they aren't offering as part of any reseller package.

Even then, the fit might not be perfect, but it seems that you do have to try a service or two before you know for sure that you are satisfied with them, and that you are comfortable providing their service to your clients.

I have exactly the same problem with the guy that started the thread.
    Im in RZ but not quite satisfied with their account/server ratio.

I don't say that they shouldn't oversell, but i am searching a provider that will have a better ratio.

I could even pay double money, which would be about $50 for 10Gb in a European server.

Cpanel is a necessity of course, can't even imagine moving all my accounts to something else.

The server i am hosted hits 20 , 30 in Load, and when i contact support they say that it is load burst. Also, many times mysql or other services are down..

Any suggestions?
    (prefer host in Europe)

There is insufficient demand for this type of service. Most people wanting this are going to go for a dedicated server. We have run services like that in the past and it was a waste of time for us and the customers as it cost more than a dedicated server.
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

Well, i already have 3 dedicated servers, but that's different.

End user support is a major plus at RZ, and you don't have to worry about kernel exploits, WHM/cpanel updates and such.

I've also thought about cpanel vps, but i don't have any experience managing cpanel, plus i have to provide support.

Managed servers should include all the updates you would require.
    That would work like a big reseller account effectively.
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

it'd be great if WHT can have a separate forum for 'premium hosting', so people there can focus, talk & discuss about 'true' business grade hosting.

currently WHT is too focus in budget hosting & hosting providers now, and seems forgot about this big population.

Quote Originally Posted by eric418 View Post
    it'd be great if WHT can have a separate forum for 'premium hosting', so people there can focus, talk & discuss about 'true' business grade hosting.

currently WHT is too focus in budget hosting & hosting providers now, and seems forgot about this big population.
    I think this has to do with current trends in the industry, as well as WHT users. I don't think adding another forum will help any.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Quote Originally Posted by daejuanj View Post
    I think this has to do with current trends in the industry, as well as WHT users. I don't think adding another forum will help any.
    agree it doesn't quite fit in with most wht users at this moment, but if there is such section, then this kind of population will grow by itself.

Of course it'll take some times though.