Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Verio .NET Hosting full of problems

    After struggling with their .NET hosting for a while, I am moving to a new provider. Verio has lot of problems and their technical support is horrible.

    Performance is poor, web site users complain about problems, errors are frequent.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    271
    What domain do you have hosted with them?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,217
    Hi

    what problems do you have with .net with this hosting company in question?
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by msjob1 View Post
    After struggling with their .NET hosting for a while, I am moving to a new provider. Verio has lot of problems and their technical support is horrible.

    Performance is poor, web site users complain about problems, errors are frequent.
    Interesting you say this...the reason i came and registered at webhosting talk was this same reason. I was previously on a windows shared hosting plan, then switched to the SQL Server plan and the SQL plan is far too slow.

    I am looking for a new windows host that offers SQL Server (And preferably more than 200 mb per db. Thats too small for me)

    Any ideas?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA, UK, Singapore
    Posts
    3,085
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJD View Post
    I am looking for a new windows host that offers SQL Server (And preferably more than 200 mb per db. Thats too small for me)
    Any ideas?
    You can check out the offers section for windows host supporting sql server.

    Good luck,
    ██ Softsys Hosting USA, Inc. ██ - 8 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - No False Promises!

    KVM Linux VPS - Windows VPS (USA, UK, Singapore) - IaaS Cloud VM's - Dedicated Servers - DDoS Protection Available

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftsysHosting-Rick View Post
    You can check out the offers section for windows host supporting sql server.

    Good luck,
    Offers section in these forums? What is it called? I can't find it.

    Thanks

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJD View Post
    Offers section in these forums? What is it called? I can't find it.

    Thanks
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

  8. #8

    Another hosting company to try

    Hello Friends,

    For those of you who would like to try another hosting company, I would suggest WebFusion.co.uk.

    Before I go any further I would like state that I do not work for them, or get any commissions or own any of their shares.

    Like many of us, I have tried many hosting companies. And to be honest most are terrible. Why? Their servers are over-loaded, tech support is non-existant, servers are un-patched, etc, etc. Price has never really been a problem, most are quite cheap. The other issue I have found is that most people do not even know that their hosting company is no good, as many people using hosting companies are small companies/traders, and as such have few resources to properly monitor or even develop their sites.

    Anyway, back to WebFusion. They are a UK based company, and that is actually good, as UK is very well connected to the Internet, it is one of the biggest peering points, and offers lower latency (lower packet delays).

    I have liked WebFusion shared hosting, and now also virtual hosting. So, you may want to give them a try. Tech support is better than average, performance of servers is much better than Verio. In terms of .NET hosting WebFusion is far superior than Verio.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by msjob1 View Post
    Hello Friends,

    For those of you who would like to try another hosting company, I would suggest WebFusion.co.uk.

    Before I go any further I would like state that I do not work for them, or get any commissions or own any of their shares.

    Like many of us, I have tried many hosting companies. And to be honest most are terrible. Why? Their servers are over-loaded, tech support is non-existant, servers are un-patched, etc, etc. Price has never really been a problem, most are quite cheap. The other issue I have found is that most people do not even know that their hosting company is no good, as many people using hosting companies are small companies/traders, and as such have few resources to properly monitor or even develop their sites.

    Anyway, back to WebFusion. They are a UK based company, and that is actually good, as UK is very well connected to the Internet, it is one of the biggest peering points, and offers lower latency (lower packet delays).

    I have liked WebFusion shared hosting, and now also virtual hosting. So, you may want to give them a try. Tech support is better than average, performance of servers is much better than Verio. In terms of .NET hosting WebFusion is far superior than Verio.

    What domain do you host with them? You might want to post that so your reply doesn't sound like an advert
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

  10. #10
    I was with webfusion for 6 years, they got steadily worse and worse . Always billing for things I hadn't ordered, uptime was poor. We were in their old datacentre and they were just neglecting it and concentrating on their new one. They wouldn't migrate us. Then they changed their support system and I had a problem with their compliance with data protection. It descended into them just lying to me endlessly.

    I left. Mind you, I went to Bluehost - and that was a mistake!!

  11. #11
    I have accounts on verio. It took them 2 days to generate a CSR for one of my sites. Needless to say, I moved the site away. I still have a few accounts, though they are not the ones that would require prompt support.

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •